Sdwd

Cyn, So sorry to her .
hugs.gif

Suede is still hanging on. He walks around, tires easily, but isn't sleeping all the time like he was a few weeks ago. His face is pale, comb curled over, no meat on his keel, big abdomen, but pooping slightly more than he was (though mostly semi solid and liquid). He will crow every morning in his new short version. That rooster is made of strong stuff. Hope is perky but I could just find her dead one day like I did Riley unless she starts up laying again.

There is a huge hole without Shadow. She was daddy's favorite girl here. I think he's numb today.

Thank you. Gosh, we miss her little voice! You'd say her name and she'd talk back. The more you'd talk to her, the louder she got. If I couldn't find her on range, when she used to be able to roam with the main flock, before I got more bantams and moved her in with them, I'd call her and she'd answer and I could always locate her. LH can tell you about that. She really knew her name and always responded to it. That's how I knew something was terribly wrong that day-she wouldn't talk to us. That little Princess will never be forgotten.

Suede won't be far behind. He hasn't wanted to come outside for 2 days now. Not sure what the heck is Hope's status. Still in limbo about that one.

On the bright side, my 27 week old Mille Fleur D'Anver pullet, Mina, just laid her very first egg.

Last edited:
Cyn - I'm sorry for your trouble.

There was a posting here on Craigslist from a guy who went to the State fair and bought a bird. Since then he has lost one and is wondering why his birds production dropped. I responded with what might be some of the reasons but haven't heard back from him.

Anyhow this is why I keep a closed flock and don't show. Many of this years birds looked really bad. Missing feathers and just plain dirty.

Tim, I keep hearing that same commentary on birds at shows. Seems all they're showing is how badly they manage their flocks! Seems a no-brainer to clean up a bird and take a good specimen to the show, but some folks are just clueless, I suppose.

Had a huge temp drop in night temps so the mornings are wonderful, in the 40's. I'm pushing to complete Ellie's winter quilt-doing the border now, then have to figure what to use to bind it, get it sent off to California, then I may try to get into making something small, like that table runner Tim was asking about. All this, of course, revolves around Suede and family business.

Back
Top Bottom