Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a good picture that showed the smooth underline extending right back to and including the paunch. Celtic, either greys or whites or blues would be fine. It all depends on what you have that is best suited to fostering the improvements you wish to see. Buff color is easy to keep track of most of the time so that if you know where it's hiding you can mate up for overall quality and when you get the color back in 2-3 generations it will hopefully be on birds that you consider an improvement. You mention the lilacs and they are an interesting situation. Dave Holderread says there is no such thing and Peter Banks and I had a nice exchange of ideas re these birds. Pete had done a lot of hard work and research, much of it not related to Graylag descended geese, and ended by stating that his research into some of these "colors" might have generated as many questions as answers. This is supposed to be a picture thread that I don't want to hijack. I already know that I cannot mail you through your website (problem at my end, not your own) but you can email me through the address in my signature or start a new thread and either way I'll share what little I know as well as some thoughts and ideas.

Celtic, as I sort of recall, during a phone conversation with Dave Holderread he recommended not breeding buffs or lavenders to whites but menopause brain here...I could be wrong. DH is very knowledgable on the topic having bred colored Sebs for many years.
If you email him with your questions and can be patient you will eventually get a reply.

DK mentioned German Sebastopols... a friend of mine Gary Hulst from Zeeland Michigan went to a poultry show in Frankfort Germany in 2010. Here are a couple pics he took of the Sebastopols. I wish he had taken more.

Last edited:
Celtic, as I sort of recall, during a phone conversation with Dave Holderread he recommended not breeding buffs or lavenders to whites but menopause brain here...I could be wrong. DH is very knowledgable on the topic having bred colored Sebs for many years.
If you email him with your questions and can be patient you will eventually get a reply.

DK mentioned German Sebatopols... a friend of mine Gary Hulst from Zeeland Michian went to a poultry show in Frankfort Germany in 2010. Here are a couple pics he took of the Sebastopols. I wish he had taken more.

This is very similar to how my splash gander is feathered. He produces some of my best feathered babies.

You can indeed get quality feathered offspring from smoothies but that does not mean you will get good results in any given breeding when using smooth breasted but it is possible.
Luck of the draw...but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom