Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
here's the lil one I was telling you about, I put some blu-kote on it be he still gets to it.

oh that little one is too little for feathering to be itchy...no feathers are growing yet, are they? Is there a sore or anything there? Can you warp some vet wrap around her tummy and over the back to cover that spot? Hope she quits bothering it....

Hi all, my goose now has 4 seb goslings under her! She seems to be acting like a very careful mother. She stands up every few seconds like she is scared she is sitting on one! She holds her wings out a little to make room for them all. The gander peers in and checks on things, but doesn't seem to want to hurt them at all. I am going to leave them together until I see any problems.

BTW-when I hatched a seb gosling last year, he did that same thing when he kept playing with the feathers on his back. We thought maybe the heat lamp was too hot on his back? We washed him off with warm water and he stopped doing it. Not sure what caused it though.

None of my shipped eggs made it. I got six more from Amy out in TN and I started them yesterday. She did a great job on packing them so I am hopeing I have better luck this time. I made notes from Pete's guide and placed them next to my incubators so I could refer to them. I have five of my brown chinese on day 26 and they all look good with the amount of moisture loss and the size of the air sac. The problem with my eggs are they are all first year geese eggs and many aren't even fertile so it is hit and miss on the ones that develop in the bator.

A friend dropped by the other day and saw my baby brown chinese and wants a couple of them to go with her ganders. I showed her how to vent sex them. She is waiting until they have some feathers coming in before she gets them.

Back
Top Bottom