Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

What is your problem??? I would give anything to have rain all the time, and have it cold and cloudy. I think we need to switch places. You can all the dry hot weather you like here. LOL

~ Aspen

HAHA, ITS a deal, I am packing right now! all I need is directions and I am ready to switch places
yesss.gif
LOL. The thing I HATE about it here is the rain turns everything to mud, and having lots of rain makes lots of mud and mud carrys dieseases, So it can also be a health hazzard for the animals.
Congrats on your first eggs, and them both being fertile!!
celebrate.gif
That's true..but I think there are a lot more pros than cons! LOL

Thanks..I'm a happy goose momma!
I guess love is in the air for my Sebbies here in NH... My big gander, Garth.. tried to breed my boot :(.... with me wearing it.. uggg What's up with that?
Oh my...silly Garth!! Nobody has tried that on me yet.
wink.png

Candled last night:

New Stall

~ Aspen

Your gander is just trying to tell you that you are his female!
lau.gif
I have a gander which did that too for a long time. He finally stopped when he found out My leg and foot did not give him pleasure.....

Last edited:
I love all of the hilarious stories and adventures, encouraging words and general fellowship with other bird lovers on here! It makes my day to read what has gone on since the previous day!

I have a Toulouse goose that we rescued last spring. We call her Gurty, but are not positive of her gender. I have sebbies and do not have any other Toulouse to compare her to for size, behavior etc. Gurty is bossy, will rip bread out of your hand and is pretty much boss of the 9 geese in her pasture, except for one male. She is very smart and can run away very quickly if you are trying to catch her.
Last year I bought some gray sebbie goslings from Celtic and she seems to have adopted them as hers. (They look and act a lot alike.) Side note: What do they breed to white sebs to get the gray? Anyway, when it came time to separate for breeding Gurty got very upset to be away from her gray girls. We thought this is a motherly attachment, but are not sure now. At first Gurty honked sooooo loud at night that we put her in with the trio of sebs with the gray girls. Well, I saw the gander breeding one of the gray girls, and Gurty ran over and knocked him off and got on the gray girl herself! I don't know if it is just a dominance thing or is she a he? We took Gurty out of the trios pen and now after the gander breeds he honks like he is showing off and Gurty runs over to the fence and honks loudly at him.

Here is a pic of her when we first got her. She was underweight due to being dumped in a park and she also had pnuemonia on one side. She is nice and fat now. te he

I would like to get a trio of Toulouse so she can have some of her own kind and can have babies. Can you help me tell her sex? What do you need to know? Should I try to vent sex her? Should I just wait until she either starts laying or doesn't?

I love all of the hilarious stories and adventures, encouraging words and general fellowship with other bird lovers on here! It makes my day to read what has gone on since the previous day!

I have a Toulouse goose that we rescued last spring. We call her Gurty, but are not positive of her gender. I have sebbies and do not have any other Toulouse to compare her to for size, behavior etc. Gurty is bossy, will rip bread out of your hand and is pretty much boss of the 9 geese in her pasture, except for one male. She is very smart and can run away very quickly if you are trying to catch her.
Last year I bought some gray sebbie goslings from Celtic and she seems to have adopted them as hers. (They look and act a lot alike.) Side note: What do they breed to white sebs to get the gray? Anyway, when it came time to separate for breeding Gurty got very upset to be away from her gray girls. We thought this is a motherly attachment, but are not sure now. At first Gurty honked sooooo loud at night that we put her in with the trio of sebs with the gray girls. Well, I saw the gander breeding one of the gray girls, and Gurty ran over and knocked him off and got on the gray girl herself! I don't know if it is just a dominance thing or is she a he? We took Gurty out of the trios pen and now after the gander breeds he honks like he is showing off and Gurty runs over to the fence and honks loudly at him.

Here is a pic of her when we first got her. She was underweight due to being dumped in a park and she also had pnuemonia on one side. She is nice and fat now. te he

I would like to get a trio of Toulouse so she can have some of her own kind and can have babies. Can you help me tell her sex? What do you need to know? Should I try to vent sex her? Should I just wait until she either starts laying or doesn't?

Gurty is such a pretty girl (or boy)! I know you can pluck some feathers from her breast, and send them to a lab. You could probably vent sex too..never done it.

Or you could always wait and see if she lays any eggs this year. : )

~ Aspen

Daze, thats sounding like gander behavior. As Aspen mentioned you can pluck 3 feather from the chest and mail them to Avian BioTech to be DNA sexed for you. You can vent sex them at that size, takes a bit of effort to get them in the right position.

I know D. Holderread used dewlap toulouse (its obvious from the little chin flap on some of the colored sebbies) in his creating new colors. I dont know if Americans were also used or not.

They have a different shape to their bill from the sebastopols, not a knob though like a chinese or an african. I'll look and see what I have for close ups of Lucy (grey female) McGraw (grey gander) and Mouse (grey goose)

Back
Top Bottom