Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

She's not broody- just in molt. I know what you mean though. My Toulouse gets really pale legs when she sets.
They are all out grazing from 5am til dark, and she's the only one like that.
I finally got a pic to upload, though its not the best. She wasn't as "plum" yesterday, but you can see the difference in the two, I hope. Figures there is a shadow right over her bill.

GF is that Emma??? Yes, she does have a pink bill and feet. I wonder if Woolfarm knows anything about this being in her breeding of the geese. The lavender gander I had here never turned pink in the bill and feet. I sold him finally after Aspen decided she did not need him.

I am pretty sure it is angel wing. But will look up yet. Any clues on the difference between the 2? We are wanting to try and correct the problem. She is hoping that she can eventually show these guys once they are healthier and looking better after their molt. :) Thank you for the suggestions though I hope it is not angel wing as I have heard it is usually hard to correct in young ones. I can't imagine in full grown birds. I will try and get a pic when I go over there today as well.
I think you can wrap TWT ( I have never done it successfully) but not sure about angel wing. Are you SURE that is what it is? Because TWT is pretty common, as well as straight flights. Those birds should be mid-molt about now and probably look like total crap this time of year, even if they are well cared for. I know my females are still working on gaining back weight they lost while setting.

You can pay for DNA sexing on the birds, but personality can give you some good clues as well. Girls tend to hang out in the back of the group. boys will be in front and more inquisitive. There are always exceptions though.   

GF is that Emma??? Yes, she does have a pink bill and feet. I wonder if Woolfarm knows anything about this being in her breeding of the geese. The lavender gander I had here never turned pink in the bill and feet. I sold him finally after Aspen decided she did not need him.
Pink feet and bills were the original color on sebastopols, it is in their genetic make up. It will pop up from time to time.

A bird does not change color though after maturity. I believe there may be an underlying health issue with Amy's goose because of the drastic color change.

The bird I had pop out with pink was two pure holderread birds.

I originally had purchased Emma when I bought 4 goslings from Woolfarm. I was looking for Buff but ended up with two splashes and 2 lavenders, Emma and a gander I sold. I have a curly breasted Lavender gander so did not need a 2nd one who was smooth breasted. I traded Emma for a Buff female. Emma was raised on Gamebird grower for 3 weeks and then changed to adult Multiflock feed.

Emma was the first one to lay this year. Her eggs were really small and super calcified. I did get 2 to hatch though. Besides that, everything else about her has been normal. She's got good feathers coming in... how odd. I wonder if it will go back to orange after she's done molting.

Peasue I give seedless nuts sunflower, peanuts, pistachio, pumpkin seeds and safflower seeds. These are all good sources of calcium. Called Patio, Porch and Deck bird seed. Then there is Nuts and Berries, which has Sunflower seeds in it, peanuts, berries. It has calcium in these mixtures and I have not lost a female from laying eggs this season because I feed these in with their multflock feed. This helps put calcium back into their bones and they love the nut mixtures!!!!

Back
Top Bottom