Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Yes it's very typical for Sebastopol youngsters to have straight primaries like that.
Not to worry.
smile.png

On my way to look at a sebbie female who lost her mate to a mountain lion, she is 4 years old, I hope everything is good and we can bring her home, it's about 3 hours away, will post pics later!

We have too many ganders this year for our little farm, and my husband suggested putting the extra Sebbie males into freezer camp. (Gasp!) Reality is what it is. We don't keep extra ducks or chickens, what makes the geese any different? They just are different! :(

So, the question begs to be asked....has anyone else eaten their Sebbie geese?

Never eaten goose. The closest I ever got was ordering a turducken from a New Orleans butcher for Xmas one year.

I'd try to sell them first though, sebbies are hard to come by in certain areas.

We have too many ganders this year for our little farm, and my husband suggested putting the extra Sebbie males into freezer camp. (Gasp!) Reality is what it is. We don't keep extra ducks or chickens, what makes the geese any different? They just are different! :(

So, the question begs to be asked....has anyone else eaten their Sebbie geese?
I don't think I could do it. We process extra roos and drakes but the geese, yeah....I couldn't do it. They were originally bred as a decent meat bird too so I guess you could. I just couldn't do it to the geese, they are my babies. I get too attached when I have to let them grow out for so long to find out if they are boys or girls.

Back
Top Bottom