Sebastopols. A cash crop?

By the way 1lpoock your ducks are beautiful . I have a friend that has a pair of Mandarins for me and I currently have 21 little Wood ducks. I have 2 pair that are loose and come home to eat. I sure love having them walking around. I can't wait to get the Mandarins. I also have a pair of Silver Wooducks. They did not hatch any babies this year, but I sure love looking at them.

Quote:
Hey I forgot to ask about the cute little guy eating popcorn waiting for the show to roll. How did you do that? He is not from Back yard chicken. Thanks Jenifer for a beautiful show , your bird blew me away.

Quote:
He is there...just click more smilies.... or put this colon : next to this word pop .....
pop.gif
see

And thanks Jenifer....I am very proud of my ducks! The season is pretty much over for the aviary ones. We currently have 16 babies...one of the wood ducklings came out silver! I also have one more wood duck egg in lockdown...I'll have to get some updated pics!

Quote:
I wish there was a color chart for Sebs-ALTHOUGH I believe there are many subtle variations within color types. I'm also finding my birds can have a subtle color change over the seasons. The lavender is very nice.

I'm so excited!! looking at my Sebbies today, I saw new feather growth!!! My blue has new feathers on her wings, and my gander has new beautiful long feathers coming down his legs!
ya.gif

Quote:
I wish there was a color chart for Sebs-ALTHOUGH I believe there are many subtle variations within color types. I'm also finding my birds can have a subtle color change over the seasons. The lavender is very nice.

You are very right with that. I have a variation with the some grays being very dark and others being very light. My Buffs fade through the summer but they are growing in new feather now and it is very dark. The lavenders fade quite a bit to.

I hate to take their pictures right now - they look horrible!
sad.png

but I will try tomorrow. My blue's feathers coming in on her wings are sticking out in all different directions. Is this normal??

Oh, I also want to add, part of the reason mine look so bad, the girls are recovering from being mauled by a dog. That's why their previous owner sold them to me. She said her great pyr liked to use them to "floss his teeth". He didn't bite them or try to kill them, he just chewed on their feathers.
sad.png

I saw the pictures she had of them before the dog maul, and they had long to the ground, curly feathers. I thought they were beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom