sebright thread

This little guy has some mix in his background. Sebrights should have a rose comb.

Ok. Do Sebright Roos make a lot of noise? And if they do how would I stop that

All of my sebrights were noisy, the roos crow very robust for their size. And the girls were very talkative too! Funny little noises, but talked all the time!
big_smile.png

Ok thank you. And I live in a neighborhood that doesn't allow roosters. Is there anything I can do to stop it from crowing. I really like him/her and don't want to get rid of it

I would really like some help with this. Thank you

You have a few options, and a little time to find a solution.

Is this your only chick? And do you plan to get more?

-- Look into crow collars. There are also some homemade things that folks have found to help reduce crowing, as simple as slipping a cut-off baby sock around the roosters neck. It doesn't hurt him, and keeps the crow less noisy.

-- Also, I think one singe rooster will crow less than if you had several.

-- Could you keep it indoors? Inside in a cage, or in a garage? Dusk and dawn are when they crow the most, but mine crowed off and on all day long.

-- Risk it until you are reported and forced to get rid of him.

Ok thank you. That is a lot of help. And we have a bunch of other hens. Not Sebrights. He is the only roo(if it isn't a she). But let's hope. Would there be any problems with the Sebright breeding with the isa/red sex link?

Back
Top Bottom