Sebright?

ibunnytail

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2015
California
Hi all! I just started raising chickens these few months, got plenty to learn from you all! I now have 6 hens and a rooster, 4 RIR, 1 leghorn, the other 2 I have no idea what they are haha maybe you guys can figure out for me?

She has black feathers with blue green shine under the sun

I just got him yesterday when I sent my husband to go pick up some feed and when he came back from the feed store he came back with this good looking little guy. The people from there feed said he's full grown but he is tiny! After some Google fu he looks kinda like a sebright, what do you think?

welcome-byc.gif

We really need better pictures to be sure on breeds. but from what I can see....

your black hen is probably an Australorp. That's the most common black hen.

Your little guy is probably part Sebright, but he's not pure. Sebrights have dark legs and rose combs. He's sure a cute little thing!

:welcome

We really need better pictures to be sure on breeds. but from what I can see....

your black hen is probably an Australorp. That's the most common black hen. 

Your little guy is probably part Sebright, but he's not pure. Sebrights have dark legs and rose combs. He's sure a cute little thing!

x2. And as far as the SebrightX goes, I'd guess he might have Serama or Jap Banty thrown in there. He's got the upright stance down for sure!

I think he is a sebright mix.   I hope hatchery birds aren't that far off  SOP.  He is a cute little thing

You'd be surprised. I've seen some birds who don't even look like the breed they're supposed to be. SLWs with single combs and almost no white. Buckeyes who looked like slightly darker hatchery RIRs... most of those had single combs. Barnevelders who were penciled instead of laced! Only breed I've gotten in a consistently good quality from hatcheries has been Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Those always seem to be decent; got some hens a few years back who were near show quality.

Hey the black is either a black star or astrlorp and the other is a golden sebright but is probably mixed or shitty hatchery stock.

Back
Top Bottom