Secret Serama Nest

Well it's too darn cold and the serama chicks should be hatching in the next couple days. I made the executive decision to move both hens and their eggs to our house in a brooder. I don't have a heat lamp on them. It's much warmer in our house than their coop so I think they will do just fine for the next week or two. Once the weather warms up I will move them back to their warming box in the coop.

Well it's too darn cold and the serama chicks should be hatching in the next couple days. I made the executive decision to move both hens and their eggs to our house in a brooder. I don't have a heat lamp on them. It's much warmer in our house than their coop so I think they will do just fine for the next week or two. Once the weather warms up I will move them back to their warming box in the coop.

Probably a good idea. These next few days are gonna be frigid after having a few warmer days.

I had a hen gathering eggs, I didn’t realize how many she had till this evening. Many of them were cold, so I only left her with 2 that I saw growth and movement in. Another hen in another nest box has 6, but both sets are early on, so hopefully it will warm back up soon. :fl

Good luck, hope you get some cuties real soon!

My brooder wasn't clean so here is our makeshift brooder area in our upstairs spare bedroom. The hens seem to like it. Hoping to see chicks really soon!
20190306_112029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom