Seeking Advice- Moving a Raised Coop

We had to move an 8x12 heavy duty shed. Why. To locate the coop. We did it with the roller method. 3 guys up a slight hill. I like the idea of removing the legs. Pre set them in place, roll it close. Get help lifting it back on to the base. We had 4 guys to lift the 4x8 coop up onto the base. Good luck.

I just moved a 400+ lb one myself by using skids. I was actually able to use a dolly on one end and skid on the other. You will probably need extra people or a winch type device. I tried to upload the video but it was too large. I’ll try to upload a photo.

You could build a simple dray like this from cheap landscape timbers angle cut the front of the runners to avoid digging in the ground. I drilled a hole and placed a pipe through to connect a chain. You could use a bolt on the outside runners. I hauled massive sweet gum logs with an atv with this one. As previously suggested you will need to secure the legs at bottom and top and for safety angle bracing to stop swaying when moved.
90C1CEAC-1E8D-4448-95D6-1B46869F642D.jpeg

Hi all! Just an update...

After reading all of your wonderful suggestions, we decided to forego the trouble of moving it and just appreciate where it is now. To be honest, the thought of something going wrong terrified me! I've put so much into this coop and I'd have been devastated! :hitI'll show off our setup when it's complete in a few weeks!

Again- thank you! I didn't expect to have such a rallying of support on this thread!

Back
Top Bottom