Seems like it took FOREVER!!

I also agree, and have read if they need it, they will eat it, if they don't, they won't. I've had a small bowl of oyster shells out for a few weeks because I thought my silkies were older. They do nibble at it, but the younger girls have just started pecking at it. So I understand the logic. I dont think it would hurt to try it?? You can remove it if your egg shells end up really thick?

Exactly!

Wow! I was away from the thread a few days and it went nuts!!! Wahoo more crazy chicken people!!!

We are up to 7 or 8 girls laying now. The eggs all start out so tiny. The girls who have been laying a few weeks are now producing much larger eggs! Anyone know when they get to full size?!

Last edited:
Wow! I was away from the thread a few days and it went nuts!!! Wahoo more crazy chicken people!!!

We are up to 7 or 8 girls laying now. The eggs all start out so tiny. The girls who have been laying a few weeks are now producing much larger eggs! Anyone know when they get to full size?!

Yup. Progress didn't stop cuz you weren't here. Lol New eggs poppin out everywhere! I'm not completely sure who is laying and who isn't. My EE's were laying daily but now I'm lucky to get 1 lil blue egg. Its been soooo hot here. Went from 5 eggs/day to 2. Started putting frozen water bottles inside the waterer and today we got 4. Except for 1 RIR giving us a double yolker once a week our eggs are still little.

Check out the thread on hot conditions I just posted n. There are some fantastic ideas!!!

Did I post about my double yolk day? Can't remember. Two in one day!!! Whew that was eGGciting!!!!

Back
Top Bottom