Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
Yeah, they are beautiful, but “supposedly” (here we go again with assumptions or generalizations, but...) I’ve read where they aren’t the friendliest.
I've only had the calls to compare them to.
They are friendly enough for me. . I don't necessarily need full on lap ducks.
Mine are very food motivated and I can pet them as long as I have treats in hand.

I do like those Cayuga colored runners.. But That's based on the color. 😂
And that's just me. We all like what we like. .doesn't mean my duck is better than your duck. . it's just a matter of what strikes your fancy.

For me personally I don't want to deal with medical problems if I can avoid it. The Larger breeds that were developed to be meat birds weren't intended to be kept long enough for those issues to arise. Coincidentally they happen to have sweet personalities which makes them a popular choice for pets.
Nothing wrong with that either. But go into it knowing that leg and foot issues is something your most likely going to be dealing with.
I completely understand what you are saying.

I LOVE my sweet welsh harlequins! I didn't do much research until AFTER I had some eggs in the incubator but the more I read about them, the happier I become. Now that they're all grown up, I can say.... I totally lucked out with them!!

They're quiet (for ducks) unless something is wrong.
They don't fly (for me was a plus)

"I believe I can... Nope, can't fly. But like to show of my pretty wings anyway!"
View attachment 2034956

They are not aggressive ever - with me or each other - and are even somewhat shy, and yet their silly dancing and duck antics are a ton of fun to have around.

"Are those peas?"
View attachment 2034959

They're descendants of Khaki Campbells and got the trait of outstanding egg production from them.
And, they're beautiful! (Spoken like a proud parent, I know, but.... can't help myself! 🤣)
They are gorgeous. Are all of the pictures ducks WH?

Or even in the evening. :barnie

7E84272B-BE71-40FE-805E-5F6DACC3ADAC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom