Sell Me On A Duck Breed

Pics
Oh lawd! Twelve to fifteen? You subscribe to the “go big or go home” philosophy, huh?

But see, it was 85 here yesterday and I got my first sunburn mowing. I think the hatchery includes the amount of heat pack on their own based on their predictions of the traveling weather. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I hope anyway. I didn’t see anywhere that you could add a heat pack to the order.
Oh my stars and garters! I would be divorced if I had even a QUARTER of that!
naw,, the WW only threatened it, but we all know she can’t do better than me, after all who could?

Well I got an email on Thursday. It was a bit depressing. Metzer said the ducklings would ship out on Monday or Tuesday and that I should receive them either on Thursday or Friday. That is a full three days and that scares me. Dummy me didn’t think this one through. I shouldn’t have ordered from a hatchery that was on the opposite end of the US. Those babies will be in transit a full three days! What was I thinking?
I've ordered some of my 2018 Spring Ducklings from Metzer and they were delivered within two days. Al and WV is about the same distance from CA. Don't worry, they will all be fine. Important is that you are ready once they arrive and have something good to drink for them.

I've ordered some of my 2018 Spring Ducklings from Metzer and they were delivered within two days. Al and WV is about the same distance from CA. Don't worry, they will all be fine. Important is that you are ready once they arrive and have something good to drink for them.
This makes me feel better. And yep, I’m all set up and ready to go!

I hear a mixture of Scotch and Arsenic :lau :lau :lau

I’ve been running around like a chicken with its...
Oh, that’s a bad analogy for this forum, isn’t it? Anyway, I’ve been busy getting my little brooder set up. Complete with a catch basin for their waterer.

Everything is set up, turned on, filled up and ready to go. I can’t wait. I’ve set one of my lamps on a timer and turned the radio on to country music. Gotta raise those babies right! Everything I need is within an arm’s reach of the brooder...you know, so I won’t have to get up to get what I might need.
:love

I’ve been running around like a chicken with its...
Oh, that’s a bad analogy for this forum, isn’t it? Anyway, I’ve been busy getting my little brooder set up. Complete with a catch basin for their waterer.

Everything is set up, turned on, filled up and ready to go. I can’t wait. I’ve set one of my lamps on a timer and turned the radio on to country music. Gotta raise those babies right! Everything I need is within an arm’s reach of the brooder...you know, so I won’t have to get up to get what I might need.
:love
Can’t wait for pictures, sending all my positive vibes that your little quack pack arrives safely

Caveat: I didn’t read your intro before I wrote this. Regardless, read and use what you can.
This is REALLY EASY. We’ve had all the normal breeds. Forget them. The bird you need isn’t a duck, nor a goose. We commonly call it the Muscovy. Now, why Muscovies?
1. They are HYPER CRAZY RELENTLESS bug / insect consumers.
2. They are almost silent.
3. Males have huge carcasses - way bigger than ducks.
4. They breed like rats, so they’ll fill the freezer. They are delicious if u can cook.
5. They cut and fertilize your lawn.
6. You get to pinion each ones wing when they hatch.
7. They are excellent foragers.
8. They just survived a N. MI winter without an issue an I didn’t water them once.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom