Sellers remorse :( Have you ever?

I know how you all feel....I named all these
sad.png
they all had different traits I liked about them and it just really sucks. I myself feel I may not be cut out for chicken selling.

The lady I sold mine to I have know for maybe 6 years. She treats her animals well that was not the case it was....Just me! I still miss them and my yard feels so lonely...
sad.png

I have recently considered selling my serama flock. Then I cry just thinking about missing them...so...they're still here. I just don't think I could do it! I keep mine in a nice little run with their own coop where they can scratch and peck, and then I imagine someone sticking them in a wire cage. I don't think I'll ever convince myself to sell them. Oh well...they're seramas, they don't eat much.

I felt so bad when I sold mine, at first anyways. I knew they werte going to good homes so after a few days I got over it. Now I hope not to have to sell aany of mine for a looong time.

Yes, I had it a few weeks ago.. Selling my 15week old true Ameraucanas was very hard.. Started w/ 11 three week olds and knew I could/would only keep 4 or 5... Figured I would (probably) end up with more roos than pullets...BUT I ended up w/ 2 so they were easy to sell because I knew I didn't want any roos.. But THEN, I had to choose which girls I would keep and which ones would go... It was hard and sad--for me and my 3 yo grandson--who really loved them.. We played, talked, held, loved each one..everyday... I sold 5 of the pullets and kept 4 --I kept the 4 that were the friendliest...and we are enjoying them

Oh dear, this thread really strikes a chord! My Blue Partridge Brahma 14 week olds are going today.
A really nice guy contacted me as to whether I had any chicks.....these were the only ones I had. I e-mailed him a pic. of the 'scraggy stage' chicks....half fluff. half feather and wet from the rain.I offered them to him at a low price as he is a thoroughly nice type. He got back to me immediately saying he wanted them, but was going on holiday for a few weeks and would I keep them for him. Well I have and they have grown into lovely pullets in the 6 weeks.
So he is coming for them today.
Still he is a very nice guy, has kept chickens for years, will free range them and give them a lovely home etc. But
hit.gif
I don't want them to go now.

Back
Top Bottom