Selling chicken hoods and possibly more!

Weeg

Free Ranging
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
Can't wait to see photos of these - this sounds like a very good way to handle them with low-stress. Also, I think you would really do well with themed bandanas (Fall/Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthday, pumpkin, fireworks, etc)
Awesome! I am making bandanas for my dog right now! I am doing holiday themed bandana experiment with my dog! I am gonna do 25 of the same bandanas, and put numbers on them to make a Christmas count down for my pup! I could totally make holiday themes! I love that idea!

Weeg

Free Ranging
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
ooh, I am very interested in these hoods. When I do chicken check ups I usually just end up throwing a small towel over their heads but then trier talons get tangled and it turns into a free-for-all. Not a very pleasant experience. What is your plan to make them easily put on the chicken?
I am going to design it as close to a falconer hood as possible. So for the comb, I am going to make a slit and a gap that goes across the chickens whole head so the comb should be easy to fit in. I will make the hole in the top wide enough to fit a Wyandotte comb so there should be plenty of room. I hope it works but may have to tweet the design a few times to figure it out. Hope this helps!

chickenlover007

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
washington
I am going to design it as close to a falconer hood as possible. So for the comb, I am going to make a slit and a gap that goes across the chickens whole head so the comb should be easy to fit in. I will make the hole in the top wide enough to fit a Wyandotte comb so there should be plenty of room. I hope it works but may have to tweet the design a few times to figure it out. Hope this helps!
It does thanks! Before, I was envisioning a lace up hood that i never would've been able to get on my chooks. :gig

Weeg

Free Ranging
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
It does thanks! Before, I was envisioning a lace up hood that i never would've been able to get on my chooks. :gig
Ya, I want to design it like this-
1606797877562.png

With a slit in the top for the comb! Glad you interested!

Weeg

Free Ranging
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
This does sound 889l0very interesting! Would not mind having a few for when I need to work on my flock as well. Please do post pictures as well when you get some ready.
Glad your interested! I am hoping to get a design together and started by the end of the week, but I can't be for sure because I don't know how difficult or easy it will be to design the first hood. I will keep posting my status!

Top Bottom