Selling chicken hoods and possibly more!

SBFChickenGirl

Crowing
Nov 12, 2018
I am going to design it as close to a falconer hood as possible. So for the comb, I am going to make a slit and a gap that goes across the chickens whole head so the comb should be easy to fit in. I will make the hole in the top wide enough to fit a Wyandotte comb so there should be plenty of room. I hope it works but may have to tweet the design a few times to figure it out. Hope this helps!
I was wondering about combs, big single combs and rose combs especially. What about crested breeds?

black_cat

🌻human disaster🌻
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
My leghorn has a huge single comb- do you
I was wondering about combs, big single combs and rose combs especially. What about crested breeds?
I was going to ask about large single combs (my leghorn has a huge one) but I couldn't figure out how to word the question. Crested breeds is a good point.

Weeg

Crowing
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
That is a very interesting question. maybe I will make a Crested model, its a circle in the whole top of the head to fit around the base of the crest, and then a slit in the whole back of the hood so you can pull the back apart, and outward, and then around the crest. Then, you can lace it in the back. I think i could make this work for rose combs and stuff like that too, but I will have to do some experimenting. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Weeg

Crowing
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
My leghorn has a huge single comb- do you

I was going to ask about large single combs (my leghorn has a huge one) but I couldn't figure out how to word the question. Crested breeds is a good point.
I will just have to make a larger slit. My rooster has a HUGE single comb, so I can use his comb as a base for large single combs. Working with combs is going to be interesting.

Weeg

Crowing
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Washington
I am also getting fabric today for bandanas, so anyone interested in those, I can get fabric, and start selling them soon! I am doing a Christmas countdown series of bandanas for my dog. A number on each bandana for each day closer to Christmas! I don't think I will do all the 25 bandanas though, it will be 25, 24, 23 (all on separate bandanas) skip a few, 3, 2,1. I Could do all 25 though if anyone wanted it. Thought I would throw it out there! I can do all pets, poultry, cats, dogs, but need measurements of there neck!

black_cat

🌻human disaster🌻
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I am also getting fabric today for bandanas, so anyone interested in those, I can get fabric, and start selling them soon! I am doing a Christmas countdown series of bandanas for my dog. A number on each bandana for each day closer to Christmas! I don't think I will do all the 25 bandanas though, it will be 25, 24, 23 (all on separate bandanas) skip a few, 3, 2,1. I Could do all 25 though if anyone wanted it. Thought I would throw it out there! I can do all pets, poultry, cats, dogs, but need measurements of there neck!
Oh, I am SO going to try to get one for my cat or one of my chickens.

Top Bottom