Selling chicken hoods and possibly more!

I am going to design it as close to a falconer hood as possible. So for the comb, I am going to make a slit and a gap that goes across the chickens whole head so the comb should be easy to fit in. I will make the hole in the top wide enough to fit a Wyandotte comb so there should be plenty of room. I hope it works but may have to tweet the design a few times to figure it out. Hope this helps!
I was wondering about combs, big single combs and rose combs especially. What about crested breeds?

I was wondering about combs, big single combs and rose combs especially. What about crested breeds?
That is a very interesting question. maybe I will make a Crested model, its a circle in the whole top of the head to fit around the base of the crest, and then a slit in the whole back of the hood so you can pull the back apart, and outward, and then around the crest. Then, you can lace it in the back. I think i could make this work for rose combs and stuff like that too, but I will have to do some experimenting. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

My leghorn has a huge single comb- do you

I was going to ask about large single combs (my leghorn has a huge one) but I couldn't figure out how to word the question. Crested breeds is a good point.
I will just have to make a larger slit. My rooster has a HUGE single comb, so I can use his comb as a base for large single combs. Working with combs is going to be interesting.

I will just have to make a larger slit. My rooster has a HUGE single comb, so I can use his comb as a base for large single combs. Working with combs is going to be interesting.
IMG-2220.jpg

Here she is, in all her floppy combed glory. What about wattles?

View attachment 2432906
Here she is, in all her floppy combed glory. What about wattles?
Ohh, wattles totally slipped my mind. I will have to figure that out. It will probably take me longer then a week to make all the tweets to fit the birds, I will post my status to see who it is going.

I am also getting fabric today for bandanas, so anyone interested in those, I can get fabric, and start selling them soon! I am doing a Christmas countdown series of bandanas for my dog. A number on each bandana for each day closer to Christmas! I don't think I will do all the 25 bandanas though, it will be 25, 24, 23 (all on separate bandanas) skip a few, 3, 2,1. I Could do all 25 though if anyone wanted it. Thought I would throw it out there! I can do all pets, poultry, cats, dogs, but need measurements of there neck!

I am also getting fabric today for bandanas, so anyone interested in those, I can get fabric, and start selling them soon! I am doing a Christmas countdown series of bandanas for my dog. A number on each bandana for each day closer to Christmas! I don't think I will do all the 25 bandanas though, it will be 25, 24, 23 (all on separate bandanas) skip a few, 3, 2,1. I Could do all 25 though if anyone wanted it. Thought I would throw it out there! I can do all pets, poultry, cats, dogs, but need measurements of there neck!
Oh, I am SO going to try to get one for my cat or one of my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom