Selling eggs and egg cartons

OH as for egg cartons - try contacting a local store or restaurant - maybe they will save them for you as they use them. My mom is hording the ones from the store she works at so we'll have plenty to get started with - LOL and we are just hoping to supply us, her and maybe a few neighbors (gotta bribe them right).

Louella

Jkm, Holy hard boiled egg! $6????

Colored Egg Farmer, 700 chickens!?!
ep.gif
I am going to pm you!

Louella. That is a great idea about collecting from places. I will do that.

Thanks!
jumpy.gif

Here fresh farm eggs sell anywhere from $1 to $1.75 a dozen. The local feedstore sells theirs for $1.75 a dozen.

The Farmers Market 20 minutes down the road sells them $3.50 to $4.50 a dozen. Someone asked me today how much I was going to sell my eggs for and when I said $1.75 they said that was high! I smiled and said "so is $14 a bag of feed"

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh gosh. How can you sell eggs for $1????????????? Even at $1.75 it seems like you'd lose money.
sad.png

I see between 2 and 3 in our area, but they are pretty ramshackle looking places. I am hoping to have a bit of an edge with my location and specialty eggs. I'd be happy with $3.

Gotta go pm Colored Egg Farmer.
smile.png

I'm in the Seattle area. Eggs at the local farmers markets go for $2.50-$3+/doz. Organic "pastured" (bah!) eggs at Safeway cost $4.39-$6.

Prices are crazy! My little chicks are getting cheeper (tee hee) every day!

horsegirl I have no idea how they sell eggs for $1 a dozen but there are several homes around with $1 signs out front. I guess some people just enjoy having chickens and aren't worried about covering feeding costs etc.

My mom was getting her eggs for $1.00/doz and then her "egg lady" had the nerve to raise them to $1.25! I asked her how the heck she was making any money and she said it wasn't a "for profit" business. The stores here sell them for nearly $4.00/doz

Back
Top Bottom