Selling Eggs???

I know this is
I have looked into it- in Missouri to sell to retailers it is just a $15 fee and a business liscense.  Not much- no inspections unless you are trying to market them as organic or have more than 10,000 birds (I think??)

I only sell about 10 dozen every 2 weeks, so I am not too worried about it but if I wanted to sell to the store I would need my lisense.  I have been thinking about getting the licsense so I can get all my supplies tax free since chickens are not considered "farm" any more since people in the city limits can own them. bah.  I was shocked when they started charging me tax for feed and supplies. whole nother issue though... lol

poultry laws are pretty lax here for the small farmer...they spend most of their time focusing on the large turkey and chicken operations.  Tyson controls most of them.

If you are worried do some research on your states website and see what it would cost to get covered.

I know this is pretty dated. Does anyone know if Missouri laws have changed? I have been looking into the handling/washing aspect of selling eggs in Missouri but I can't find anything. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom