September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

@GitaBooks
Thanks I'm so amazed they made it. Come to find out I think my friend was wrong they don't throw those eggs to the pigs or maybe BC they didn't know how old they were idk. I got this second info from her boyfriend who's father owns the birds. They're really good show quality and they actually use a bunch of broodies and hatch them. Then they sell them for 200-300 for a pair or trio... Did I get lucky? I say so :D The parents are just gorgeous you all should see them.

@WVduckchick
It seems okay just sleeping with the other one. They are so cute together wish I had a couple blues and splashes too they have blue and splash pullets but I don't think they're laying yet. Hope I get some of them too.

Just looked and realized my hand looks huge holding that chick. I have pretty small hands actually but the chicks are just soooooo tiny. I forgot my self blue was so small. She looks just like a dove now everyone says.

Day 4 hands on candling addict here at this point it's not looking great for my eBay eggs.... 6/24 are definitely developing with clear embryos.... another 4-6/24 are maybes since I can't see to well in those eggs nearly all of the Polish bantams look clear to me except the one I cracked which looks like it had veins/some development... Just aswell I have 12 Silkie eggs... 6 miniature chocolate (got 2 freebies :)) and 6 tricolor Paint silkies (these have red and black spots/streaks) to take the place of all the duds.

Ugh! When I was candling to find air sacs and check development on day 8 I dropped an $8 egg. It was the only red cuckoo Orpington egg in that batch and it was developing beautifully. I am almost sick!!!

Ugh! When I was candling to find air sacs and check development on day 8 I dropped an $8 egg. It was the only red cuckoo Orpington egg in that batch and it was developing beautifully. I am almost sick!!!

I'm sorry to hear that.
sad.png
Accidents happen with eggs, so don't beat yourself up about it.

I hope the others hatch well!
fl.gif

Oh no so sorry
1f622.png

I understand. I've taken eggs out that I thought smelled rotten only to find a beautiful lil life inside. And the overwhelming feeling of heartbreak and grief takes over while I watched the life go out of them. Oh the guilt is horrendous! And there was the chick I sat on and killed recently. I think it's normal to feel sick to your stomach. But as said before,don't get down on yourself or dwell on it. You are human and the chick is in heaven with my chick,Hope!
1f425.png
1f425.png

I set six eggs yesterday under Tiana the faithful brood hen. The chicks are F1EE (first generation Easter Egger) rooster, and Orpington or Red Sex Link hens. I wasn't planning on hatching any more this year, but what the heck. Tiana had to sit and watch the three Ameraucana hens all hatch their eggs and play with their chicks. I don't want her to feel left out. So far my Lavender Ameraucana hens are the best moms! They are so dedicated. I did get quite a few little cockerels this last hatch (I think). Hopefully this hatch will level the playing field. Hatch date expected 9/14/15.

Good luck everybody!

Day 4 hands on candling addict here at this point it's not looking great for my eBay eggs.... 6/24 are definitely developing with clear embryos.... another 4-6/24 are maybes since I can't see to well in those eggs nearly all of the Polish bantams look clear to me except the one I cracked which looks like it had veins/some development... Just aswell I have 12 Silkie eggs... 6 miniature chocolate (got 2 freebies
smile.png
) and 6 tricolor Paint silkies (these have red and black spots/streaks) to take the place of all the duds.

Day 4! Don't give up on them. Day 7..at least. Day 10 for sure. I have some silkie eggs that are showing little tiny embryos in a few eggs, but still just the big spot in the others. They develop at different levels. Even with me changing the eggs around in the bator to make sure they get an even baked side. :D
I'm on day 3. Yep, I candle early too. I just know that some of these eggs don't show anything for a while.

Back
Top Bottom