September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

@Gloryjasmine
Perhaps that's a woman thing the thinking the worst no offense gentleman. But I'm pretty sure my DH2B thought I was nuts when I mentioned putting boots on the chick so I showed him a picture. He just looked at me straight faced and said "You want to turn it into a duck?)
I thought I was going to pee I was laughing so hard. Of course then I had to explain about it and why we can't just leave them etc etc.

@Gloryjasmine
Perhaps that's a woman thing the thinking the worst no offense gentleman. But I'm pretty sure my DH2B thought I was nuts when I mentioned putting boots on the chick so I showed him a picture. He just looked at me straight faced and said "You want to turn it into a duck?)
I thought I was going to pee I was laughing so hard. Of course then I had to explain about it and why we can't just leave them etc etc.

Yes absolutely! I think we just try to be as prepared as humanly possible. Men are a little more "in the moment ". No offense her DH2B.
1f60a.png
OK now that was funny! Literally LOL. no not a duck....just a fully functioning chick!
1f425.png

I have 3 batons running one set to hatch this coming weekend.

Theses eggs are from my own chickens so technically it's an experiment which I hope turns out great. I have barred rocks a black sex link and another ? Hen. Set tonight due around Sept 13th

?

These are my Pekin duck eggs also from my own

:fl hope we all have good hatches

Yeah dear darling whatever d word he's being at the moment lol which is almost always dear, dreamy(ha-ha jk. not that I don't find him dreamy in case he's reading this) or darling sometimes maybe d is for dork too ;) BC who doesn't have a little dorkiness inside them? :) it makes life fun

Yeah dear darling whatever d word he's being at the moment lol which is almost always dear, dreamy(ha-ha jk. not that I don't find him dreamy in case he's reading this) or darling sometimes maybe d is for dork too ;) BC who doesn't have a little dorkiness inside them? :) it makes life fun

Heeee heee....we should all find our hublets dreamy!
1f60d.png
lol lol lol
1f602.png
. Oh yes dork is a must!
1f61c.png
I'm a huge dork!

Theses eggs are from my own chickens so technically it's an experiment which I hope turns out great. I have barred rocks a black sex link and another ? Hen. Set tonight due around Sept 13th

?

:fl hope we all have good hatches

Awesome! Hope all is a beautiful success.
1f44d.png

@Gloryjasmine
Well I'm glad no one has mentioned having an experience like that but I just had to ask such are the things I have nightmares about on the eve of a hatch terrible though they are you know the subconscious thinks up the worst things. I can't imagine the skin peeling off a chicks leg from tape just wanted to be sure.

However I think I might not need the boots. The chick's feet seem to have straightened out since this morning and only rarely when laying do his or her toes curl while she's sitting on them. It looks like she's making a little fist. Should I put boots on her? I know her parents produce show quality chicks I can't imagine they would breed birds with bent to genetics. Buying sav-a-chick and probiotics tomorrow. So happy they're out.

If the chick is straightening them out on its own most of the time, you probably don't need the boots. Curling some of the time is fine, they do that until they can control their cute little toes. How's it doing now??

?

fl.gif
hope we all have good hatches

Hey you!
frow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom