September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Ok I edited the first post to reflect everyone's hatch as best as I could. Please pm me for changes or missing info. Thanks. Happy Hatching
1f423.png

Lots of missing info lol August 21st... 24 mixed bantams set (Lavender cuckoo Pekins/lemon Millefleur Sablepoot/blue/buff laced Wynadottes/Polish) due to hatch September 11th.

Setting August 27th 12 Silkies (Tricolor Paint and Chocolate/Partridge) due to hatch September 17th.

Setting August 30th... 18 eggs mix (Friesian Fowl, Thuringian silver spangled bantam, Ayam Cemani and bearded paint silkie large fowl) due to hatch around September 20th

Setting September 4th 12 eggs (Tricolor Paint silkies and gold laced orpingtons) due to hatch September 25th.

I have space for more not sure I'll set anymore though

Last edited:
That's what I figured. This incubator is very tiny & burns up the humidity quickly so I am thinking I can only keep it prepped for lockdown for maybe a day & 1/2- two days before it'll start to be too dry. I hate the idea of them being almost out then having the plastic-bag-over-the-head thing take them out.
I can toss in a tiny wet sponge very quickly.

I have a brinsea mini. It fits 7 eggs. The humidity rises very quickly when I add wxtra water. In fact, when the chicks start hatching! The humidity rises so much o have to open it up once or twice to get some oxygen back on the incubator! With that said, I try not to open the incubator while they are hatching just in case. But I don't worry too much because the humidity risks so quickly once I close it again.

Hello new to this thread.. This is my 2nd time hatching with a broody so I'm a nerves wreck I tried this couple of months ago but 5 days til hatch a snake killed my broody and ate all her eggs but 2 and those 2 didn't make it.

I I'm on day 5 but wanted to candle test just one of my eggs. It was beautiful. Great veins and a small dark spot right in the middle. I'm so happy I bought the incubator. Things are going way more smooth with it

Started my first batch awhile ago; they are due about Sept 8-9. I guess we'll see if I've been doing things right in about 1 1/2 weeks. The only thing is I suck at candling; I can't tell if any are not growing. Nothing stinks, though. (Of course, the fact that most of the eggs are brown, blue, or green doesn't help...) I know at least a few are starting to develop. I can see their little eyeball
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom