September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

So today is day 21 for my three eggs in the brinsea no pips or anything yet :(

@mswendeu any action yet?

I set 14 Bresse eggs Thursday 6:45 p.m.
have in GCF vent holes closed up.
temp steady so far 99.5 F 40 C
65%humidity no water added
disinfected everything, put temp up high for a couple days, brought back to "normal" set eggs still high humidity.
Briefly candled saw, what I take for a yolk in a couple of them, maybe 3. Shells not all that translucent in most
eagerly waiting day 8 to candle again.
Erica blew herself out over Dominican Republic, 20 reported dead.

I also keep vents open.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to pics of these babies!!

Yes I'm hopeful. I only have one light brown egg in that bator the rest are f1 olive Rogers so the shell is daaark, can't see a thing, which is driving me nuts.
Nevermind my incubation issues, I also heard the Dominican got hit hard. We were supposed to be there around this time this year but forgot to schedule when my mom got sick. She's ok now but I feel like it was a blessing in disguise.

World's worst candling pics. But this is what I'm seeing. 29 eggs that are black with a perfect air cell. Then 7 that have a shaded blob and no air cells. Either quitters or I have no clue. I'm not tossing any just to be safe unless anyone has any advice. These are very dark Marans eggs.

Above is the ones I think are good. This one I think is dead.

Last edited:
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
ok guys give it to me straight. I told my son to unplug a hear lamp and instead of unplugging that he unplugged my incubator
1f622.png
1f622.png
1f622.png
1f622.png
I can't type enough sad faces. It was unplugged for nearly 14 hours and got down to 78*. I plugged it back in but their probably gone right? I had almost all of my olive eggers and some partridge brahmas, am my lemon cuckoo orps in there. Not going to lie there may or may not be tears right now.

There's another hatch-a-long thread where the incubator got up to 130* because the thermometer accidentally got closed outside of the incubator. Today, one of the eggs is hatching! Nature is amazing. Don't give up hope just yet!

I agree. I had a duck get off her nest while they were hatching. 1 duckling was half hatched and cold. Both my DH and myself thought it had died. Put it in the trash. The next morning the trash was peeping. Oscar is a week old today!

I agree. I had a duck get off her nest while they were hatching. 1 duckling was half hatched and cold. Both my DH and myself thought it had died. Put it in the trash. The next morning the trash was peeping. Oscar is a week old today!

Wow! I bet that was a huge surprise! Lol That's amazing!

Oh my goodness that is awesome! I just wish I could see something in there! Not too much longer though.

Back
Top Bottom