September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Ha my chick hatched on Sept 1st that's too cool. There is a pip hole in one of the blue eggs.

Nice. How exciting. Posts like this curb my pessimism I sometimes feel. I hate the doomed hatch outlook mind frame I can get into. Congrats and good luck on the other guy

That's how I'm feeling about these eggs I set. I told myself not to get my hopes up but I think the three that did develop something have died:hit

Don't give up I thought To myself this is just an experiment when I set these eggs. I wasn't sure if anyone was doing their job. These are from my own flock. And look what I got.

Now what my husband thought was a pip hole in the blue egg really turned out to be egg ooze from the hatched chick.
1f602.png

I have two duck eggs that should hatch starting tomorrow. So I moved them to the brinsea with the blue chicken eggs. Because the eggs in the little giant have a 3 or so weeks to go and I didn't want the others to get injured before they had a chance to finish. The other eggs set in my other incubator look good from what I could see on candling. And I have a few that look good in the duck incubator and a few that don't look good and a couple that look like nothing. And sad to say something smells in there. But I have to figure out which one smells so I can remove it.
@WVduckchick I always get one stinky one remember that too wv? Lol

And thanks for the congratulations everyone. Good luck for the rest.

Last edited:
It's day 5 for my broody hen and her clutch. She has at least 8 developing out of 15. I only gave her 12, but some body must not have been able to resist that pile of eggs while she was off the nest in the morning. They were added in within the first 48 hours, so there shouldn't be much delay from them come hatching time. Whatever isn't showing good development come day 10 will be getting removed so she can concentrate her efforts.

Hey y'all it's been awhile so I just wanted to drop in and say.............................

I MISS YALL AND IM PRAYING FOR EVERY LAST FLUFFY BUTT!! Fear is not of the Lord. So tell that mean old Satan to get off your back and out of your ear and raise your hands and eggs(chicks)up to the Almighty!!! For it is He that is the creator of ALL. I am thoroughly thrilled for those of you who've had successes already. And continually lifting up the many more to come. My brothers and sisters in Christ,do have a very blessed night.
2764.png
1f64f.png

Love always,Glory

Hey y'all it's been awhile so I just wanted to drop in and say.............................

I MISS YALL AND IM PRAYING FOR EVERY LAST FLUFFY BUTT!! Fear is not of the Lord. So tell that mean old Satan to get off your back and out of your ear and raise your hands and eggs(chicks)up to the Almighty!!! For it is He that is the creator of ALL. I am thoroughly thrilled for those of you who've had successes already. And continually lifting up the many more to come. My brothers and sisters in Christ,do have a very blessed night.
2764.png
1f64f.png

Love always,Glory
Amen. Thank you!

I've got two that are rocking and rolling. It's 3:35 and I'm WIDE awake, babysitting eggs. One external pip and the other is peeping and shaking. When I woke up, humidity dropped down to the 50's, so I'm trying to get it back up. Wish me luck for some consistency!

Don't give up I thought To myself this is just an experiment when I set these eggs. I wasn't sure if anyone was doing their job. These are from my own flock. And look what I got.

Now what my husband thought was a pip hole in the blue egg really turned out to be egg ooze from the hatched chick.
1f602.png

I have two duck eggs that should hatch starting tomorrow. So I moved them to the brinsea with the blue chicken eggs. Because the eggs in the little giant have a 3 or so weeks to go and I didn't want the others to get injured before they had a chance to finish. The other eggs set in my other incubator look good from what I could see on candling. And I have a few that look good in the duck incubator and a few that don't look good and a couple that look like nothing. And sad to say something smells in there. But I have to figure out which one smells so I can remove it.
@WVduckchick I always get one stinky one remember that too wv? Lol

And thanks for the congratulations everyone. Good luck for the rest.

I was thinking you had duck eggs when you posted the chick picture! I thought huh? Lol
You do have the stinker luck too don't you!! Your chick is a cutie and I'm anxious to see the ducks too. Congrats!!

Looks like my chick is taking a shower...I'm confuzzled...the humidity has been around 25-30%

Never seen anything like that. I want to view this on the big computer before I guess at anything.. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom