September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Have you seen them quiver or move at all?! Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Lol Good luck with yours too! How many do you have in there?

My eggs haven't shown any signs of being ready to hatch, but they are still alive and moving around inside of the shell. I had 8 of them, but 4 were infertile so now I have four lively little bantam eggs.

I need to join. I'm a total hatchaholic. I have two farm innovators 40+ egg 'bators and I just bought the fan and heating element for my mini fridge 'bator in the works. I went absolutely nutso on eggs because I had a few big losses due to predators, my dogs being dumbarses and knocking the brooder light out (it broke) and ugh- I just feel awful over so much loss. (Juvenile Bresse plus chicks, Juvenile Swedish Flower!! Aahhh!) Hopefully these hatch well and I can replenish and then some!

I have Lav Orps, FBC Marans, Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers and Ameruacanas in the hatcher right now in lockdown. I think around 21 eggs? Oh, a few yard eggs as well (mixed breed)

I have a few more yard eggs due to hatch next week and 7 Bresse about a week or so after that.

Eggs I'm waiting on: Bantam Blue Splash Silkies, Blue Swedish Isbar (Greenfire line), Swedish Flower Hens, BSW Ameruacanas (I ADORE the trio I hatched from this ebay seller!), a bunch of Bresse, three dozen assorted rare breeds (I'll list what I end up setting), and a dozen mixed breed. Whew! They should all hatch this month too I think- depending on when they arrive.

Amazing breeds! All of them are beautiful!

Best of luck with the hatches!
thumbsup.gif

So, it looks like there's a hole in the shell, but the membrane is still intact? Is that okay, I thought they pip into the air sac first and then the shell. This pip is on the side and it looks like he's trying to break the membrane open?

So, it looks like there's a hole in the shell, but the membrane is still intact? Is that okay, I thought they pip into the air sac first and then the shell. This pip is on the side and it looks like he's trying to break the membrane open?

If there is a hole in the shell, then it has to have broken the membrane. It could be lower than the air cell, but the air cell draws down alot and it still could be through the air cell. Can you post a pic?

Looks a little low, but its big enough that it should be fine. Its quite possible that the air cell drew down that much. And the membrane may look intact, but its definitely broken! Yeah!! That means its getting air.
Also, just in case you didn't know, it should start zipping in a counter-clockwise direction, looking at the big end.
Hope to see baby pics in the morning, or tomorrow afternoon! Woohoo!

Looks a little low, but its big enough that it should be fine. Its quite possible that the air cell drew down that much. And the membrane may look intact, but its definitely broken! Yeah!! That means its getting air.
Also, just in case you didn't know, it should start zipping in a counter-clockwise direction, looking at the big end.
Hope to see baby pics in the morning, or tomorrow afternoon! Woohoo!
Ha ha! Thanks!!! Me too!

Just candled all my Buttercup eggs and its not looking so good(not that they ever did). Trying to give some the benefit of the doubt as nothing stinks but did pull some more out today. And I don't think I'll be going into lockdown this week. We have to candle again in two days but decided to candle, before any possible lockdown on the first set of eggs, tonight since Mom hasnt seen them in almost a week. Let's just say nothing looks promising except two or three eggs. We are saving a few blood rings that there appears to still be living chicks in them even though I don't have much hope. As well as some that I think quit but may still have movement in them. So here is the run down three chicks are developing for sure in the eggs from set 2 assuming they don't quit. We have three iffy eggs from set 2 and the two iffy eggs from set 1. We also have three very very long shot eggs from set 2. Everything else has been pulled and eggtopsied including 5 we did tonight. There were two eggs that were not fertile and two cloudy brownish ones and the last was the only one that had a discernable embryo in it. Which was sad but also quite cool to see.
Wow this is a bummer. I hope I get at least one pullet BC that would be craptastic luck. Needless to say I will be a hovering Mommy come lockdown on these. Oh and BTW one of the developing eggs is very porous.

Omg I'm super excited my chicks are due Thursday. I'm new to this and still have some last min building to do so when momma went to the restroom this morning I checked the eggs and you can hear them pepping inside
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
and also the ones I looked at already have cracking on the shell am I good until Thursday when they will hatch if 4 of 10 eggs I looked at have the shell cracked already..

Back
Top Bottom