September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

I have 50 EE eggs due to hatch on 9/5, hatching for my neighbor, he collected them from his birds.
He has had nothing but bad luck in his incubator since he had a guinea egg explode in it.

I'm on day 11 for my bronze turkeys, it only looks like 2 out of 12 are good but I'm going to keep them in longer.

Last edited:
What do you have in there?  Large Fowl?  Or small eggs?   What incubator?   Where is your humidity?   Did your temps drop at all during incubation?  That is usually the main reason for late hates..low temps.    Don't give up yet!

I have large fowl, brinseas and yes it did drop in one brinsea. The other it was spot on the whole time. Humidity was around 40% before lockdown and has been hard to maintain during lockdown. But between 55%-80%. And I know that's no good but it's been a challenge. Sponges both troughs filled ugh!

80%...too high. When you see it that high, lift that lid! At least for chickens..ducks are different. But even for ducks, that's too high for incubation.

It's time to candle your eggs and see if there is any movement. If so, put them back, keep that humidity down to the low 60's.

LL

What are these cuties?

Oh, I can see that..I thought I saw leghorn in them. I have some little leghorn mix babies out there right now..with spots! :)
Yours sound like a great mix too.

Hi, I have one little solo Serama egg in my bator. It is due to hatch on the 11th of Sept. The embryo is obviously alive in it. This was a shipped egg. The aircells were scrambled when I got them. I followed protocol for shipped eggs. However now the air cell is really weird. It is oblong and starts at the top and runs down the side. I feel like the egg is loosing moisture too fast so I have increased the humidity in the bator. I'm just not sure how to handle the really weird shaped aircells come hatching day. I also am worried about having to up the humidity sooooo much to slow down moisture /weight loss in the egg. Worried about drowning the chick on hatching day or having that mushy chick syndrome

Are you sure it isn't looking like it's on one side..before you turn the egg? I don't mean to assume you wouldn't know, not sure if this is a first hatch..I apologize if you know the difference, just going by what I did in the beginning of hatching. I thought, oh no..look at that long air sac! Then I figured out that it was just the clear side before being turned.
tongue.png

I am thrilled with them so far. Gotta love the spots, they give each and every one personality. This was the first batch I ever hatched from my incubator. The first chick to emerge came out at the start of day 20. His/Her name is Uno (i know, hahaha, I thought it was cute).

I am thrilled with them so far. Gotta love the spots, they give each and every one personality. This was the first batch I ever hatched from my incubator. The first chick to emerge came out at the start of day 20. His/Her name is Uno (i know, hahaha, I thought it was cute).

Those are adorable!!

Back
Top Bottom