September 2015 Hatch-A-long!!

Glory you talking to me about the babies?
. No hon I'm sorry. I should've specified. Wvduckchic is who I was referring to. Oopsie..... I was definitely talking to you about being thrilled that you'll be on Octobers HAL!!! Bc I just miss you so.....,
1f615.png

I'm lovin the stuffed animals I'm seeing. They really do make a difference,don't they?!
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

Last edited:
Can't wait to see pics of the babies!

Those are beautiful chicks! What breed are they again? They look like bantams of some kind.

The black with gold on the feathers are Golden Sebrights. The ones with grayish wings are Silver Duckwing OEGB's. The lone little yellow one is a Black Tail Buff Japanese, and the biggest one that is almost all black was supposed to be a Silver Sebright, but once it hatched, we realized it had mated with a Birchen Modern... so it will be interesting to watch that one grow!

They look fantastic!

Thank you!

. No hon I'm sorry. I should've specified. Wvduckchic is who I was referring to. Oopsie..... I was definitely talking to you about being thrilled that you'll be on Octobers HAL!!! Bc I just miss you so.....,
1f615.png

I'm lovin the stuffed animals I'm seeing. They really do make a difference,don't they?!
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

Thank you too!
smile.png

I don't think I told yall my sad story about that hatch. They hatched early in the week, and that weekend (last weekend) I was gone for the weekend. Came home and my brooder bulb had burned out, and 6 of my 18 hatchlings had been trampled. 3 were already dead, 3 were very near death, and died a few hours later. But the 12 in those pictures are all fine. It was so sad, but the surviving ones are doing great now. I lost 4 Black Tail Buff Japanese (they were the smallest chicks), 1 Golden Sebright, and 1 OEGB.

So it's been over a day since lock down & I can see the shadow inside the egg moving & feet twitching when I hold the flashlight at the side of the lid but no peeping or egg rolling/wobbling or pips. This is day 18. I hope he gets in gear tomorrow. :)

You have the two eggs, right? Sorry. It's difficult to keep track of everybody! Are they chicken eggs? I have never seen the shadow of the beak in the air cell on mine, but I heard the peeping. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at/for. I'm pretty new at this hatching business. Lol My last hatch was late. I was actually cleaning out the incubator thinking my hatch was a flop. I had even candled the day before and saw nothing. The only thing that stopped me from tossing the little lone survivor was hearing the peeping! I thought I was hearing things, it was so faint. I'm so glad I did though!

The black with gold on the feathers are Golden Sebrights. The ones with grayish wings are Silver Duckwing OEGB's. The lone little yellow one is a Black Tail Buff Japanese, and the biggest one that is almost all black was supposed to be a Silver Sebright, but once it hatched, we realized it had mated with a Birchen Modern... so it will be interesting to watch that one grow!

I don't think I told yall my sad story about that hatch. They hatched early in the week, and that weekend (last weekend) I was gone for the weekend. Came home and my brooder bulb had burned out, and 6 of my 18 hatchlings had been trampled. 3 were already dead, 3 were very near death, and died a few hours later. But the 12 in those pictures are all fine. It was so sad, but the surviving ones are doing great now. I lost 4 Black Tail Buff Japanese (they were the smallest chicks), 1 Golden Sebright, and 1 OEGB.

I love sebrights and OEGBs, I have both and they are awesome. I'd love to see how the birchen modern and sebright chick turns out to be.

I'm so sorry about the chicks you lost, I'm glad that some of them survived and are doing well.

Hello to the all BYCs. My 1st baby Ayam
1f62e.png
1f600.png
1f423.png
1f49e.png

AWESOME!!!

Back
Top Bottom