September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Good news! I candled my swap eggs and put them into lockdown. This was the batch with the 8 hour incubator failure.

Every single egg made it to lockdown! There was one that was questionable but I threw it in anyway. Two eggs were early quitters, but I have 12 in lockdown now. Today is day 18 (I put them in lockdown a day early since they are bantams).

I was so delighted, I even had 5 or 6 that definitely were moving. The only possible issue is that the embryos seemed a little small- There was still room for them to move and kick a little in there. Maybe they will be a couple days late, though, since they had a day with no heat...who knows?

I'll keep you guys posted
smile.png

Quote:
Lockdown already?? That seems so fast! I wish everyone else would post on their eggs, you got yours pretty late, didn't you?
My 'batch #1' eggs are on lockdown at a friend's house, my bator was a bit full when I got them
big_smile.png
I have (so far as I know) 2 EE and 3 BR that 'should' be hatching
big_smile.png
3 other BR didn't make it, I don't think they even started developing, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I have my EE's hatching all over the place. I got EE's and I had bought EE's from my swap partner and they all came in the same box. When they stop hatching I will take a group picture of them...

FINALLY in lockdown with mine...and still in absolute misery with NO clue as to what they are.

I got 4 that were about BR brown, 4 whites, and 4 sort of Cochin beige. None of the beige made it, but the whites and browns are lovely. I am just about to pop with anticipation!

Oh, Partner, if you knew me well, you'd see that this is absolutely criminal! I'm the kid who slices through the tape on Christmas presents and unwraps them meticulously to see what they are and then surgically rewraps them!

Well, not any more, but I can't stand this!!!!

Off to the PO to get eggs I ordered so I can sit and pretend I'm in control and know everything....

I have two baby EEs out and one more pipped. There are still five other eggs in the hatcher. I will see what hatches overnight and try to get some pics for everyone. One is all yellow and the other appears BBS. I'm not sure what color it will be. They are still pretty wet. If I understand correctly, their baby color doesn't determine their adult color, right? I am excited because I really like EEs. I'm going to head to bed now and will update in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom