September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Aww, thanks Shelley!!!

5 babies out and counting
smile.png
These guys are just adorable, I can't wait to get them out of the incubator so I can play with them and post pics. I have a Brinsea Eco 20 so I can look straight in at them and every time I come into the room they run over to the glass to try to get out to me.

So cute! I'm a momma!
wee.gif

I'm popping in to see how everyone's eggs/chicks are doing! I was offline for 3 whole days! GASP!!!! Our modem went out and it took the cable company 3 days to get a new one to us. UGH!!

See Bananas!! We told you it wasn't a lost cause!! I'm so thrilled that your babies are hatching and you have eggs from PP?? Lucky you!! She's a great lady.

Shelley, sneaky sneaky!! LOL

We want more pics people!!!!

Laurie

Update on my BR and EE eggs that are at a friend's house.....nothing
hmm.png
She said there were 2 EE and 3 BR developing, but now she says they aren't doing anything
sad.png
They should have hatched sometime between Tuesday and today, so maybe they are just late?
fl.gif

ETA: She hadn't wrote down when she set them, but she came to get them from me either the 22 or 23 of September, and would have set them once getting them home.

Last edited:
My little EE zipped almost all the way around and then died! What would cause it to do that? The humidity was good, the yolk was absorbed, it was prefectly formed. I have never had that happen before. I DIDN'T open the incubator, even.
hit.gif

Ok, sorry this took so long, but here is a pic of my little ones:

37923_baby_oegbs.jpg

I started with 12 eggs in lockdown:
I had 7 babies when I went to bed last night (one had hatched and died, and another had zipped and died in the shell). That left 3 unhatched eggs in the 'bator. I sort of figured they were all done hatching since there were no more pips and yesterday was day 21.

So I was surprised when I woke up this morning to two more healthy babies! That leaves one egg left in the bator.

Sorry this pic is fuzzy, it was taken on my phone. I'm not sure, but I think I have 3 bantam brown leghorns, 3 white frizzle cochins, 2 barred OEGB and 1 OEGB mix. (there's also a little D'Uccle chick in there in case you're wondering why the numbers don't add up!)
Are white frizzle cochins supposed to be gray when they hatch though? One is white and the other two are gray/blue looking....with really heavy foot feathering. Weird!

Lol, whatever they are, I absolutely ADORE them. This is the best hatch ever for me on shipped eggs and these guys are so cute and sweet
smile.png

Thanks Shelley!!! (and pampered poultry!)

I've never hatched white cochins myself, but other birds I've hatched that were white as adults either hatched out white, yellow, or silver. Maybe that's what yours are? Silver?

Hmm...yes they could be silver. They aren't black but pretty dark. Almost blue even. You can see them in the pic, the fluffy dark ones with the tiny white wings.

One's on the right side of the pic halfway up, the other's in the upper left corner, the gray fluff-ball. The third is the solid white one in the middle of the pic. They look so different!

Anyway, they're so sweet and adorable and TINY! I think these guys even won my husband over
smile.png

My three eggs went into lockdown today, so hopefully day after tomorrow I see some pips. Didn't get to candle them, had to run first thing and help butcher some ducks at my moms house

Back
Top Bottom