September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Well I have five babies so far this morning. Three are yellow and two are either blue or black. They kinda have that dark gray coloring. I'm gonna give them a while to finish drying, then if there are no more pips, I will take them out a get a pic. My kids are totally excited. My daughter woke me up this morning to tell me tha we had two babies. I went to look and there were five. She is only four and couldn't see a few hiding. I only realized that there should be more because of all the egg shells. This leaves three more eggs that haven't pipped yet. Hopefully they will hatch while I'm gone to town today. I think I've gotten a pretty good hatch from these shipped eggs. Thanks Natalie.

ok chooks chick I am your person lol!!!! I wanted you to wait until your chicks got here to see if you could figure it out and a hint there are NO cochins lol!!!! Let me know how you are doing ..... the light beige eggs were from my standard ee.

Here are the pics of my swap chicks. I still only have 5 out of 8 hatched. I'm only on day 20 so the others still have time. They aren't great pics, but you can see the fuzzybutts.

Group Shots
38299_photo_101409_001.jpg
38299_photo_101409_002.jpg

Yellows
38299_photo_101409_009.jpg
38299_photo_101409_010.jpg
38299_photo_101409_011.jpg

Possibly Blues
38299_photo_101409_007.jpg
38299_photo_101409_008.jpg

I have two pips on my swap eggs!
If I get any chicks I will be thrilled since these were the eggs with the incubator failure.
My eggs are all labeled but the way these two are lying in the incubator I can't see which ones they are so it will still be sort of a surprise!

I'll keep you updated
smile.png

Quote:
*GASP* Ok...nothing yet.

I went and looked and the temps have been consistently a bit low this time around- I've been adjusting here and there, but it's been a struggle.

I expect a late hatch. I pulled about 15 eggs from a different batch, most of them banties, and they went into lockdown a day earlier- nothing on those, either. Everything looks good, just a bit behind.

As if I can handle MORE anticipation....Jeesh!!

had 5 marans hatch out, 4 actually. Had to help number 5. Very weak and couldnt get out of the shell. Had to cull that one. But the other 4 are doing very well.

I only had one of my 6 EEs develop-but it is pipped! The duck eggs still have a week to go, and at least one of them is developing nicely! I tossed 2, and the 4th one I was unsure, so I left it in.

I've got 2 babies!!! Yay!!! One is a bantam brown leghorn and the other one I'm not sure, the eggs are labeled but I can't see the shell the way it's lying in the bator. I've been good, I must not open the incubator and take out the chicks.

There are at least 3 other eggs pipped.
Can I know who I got eggs from now? I know what the eggs are, so it doesn't really matter if I know who sent them, does it?
smile.png

Update: I've got babies popping out everywhere!
This is by far the best hatch I've gotten out of shipped eggs....perhaps I need to have incubator failure every hatch!

I've got 4 out, 1 zipped, and at least 3 more that have pipped (out of 12 eggs). Seems like every time I turn around there's a new chick!
The one that just came out I thought was from one of the white frizzle eggs, but it's a little black chick so I guess not! Lol
smile.png
There's at least one Bantam brown leghorn and at least one barred OEGB out and I can't tell on the others.
I'll post pics as soon as I get the chicks out of lockdown but it might not be till tomorrow.

Thanks to whoever my partner was!

The eggs themselves came from pamperedpoultry, but I had her send them to you
smile.png
All my pure breeds are still running wild around the yard, and I didn't want to get anymore mixes
smile.png
Enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom