September Egg Swap--Sign-ups closed--check posts for shipping updates!

Quote:
7 did make it to the hatcher. My humidity may have been way off on this hatch. It has rained so much here I think I was getting false readings from the hygrometer. Might be why that one chick is messed up so bad.

Last edited:
That humidity can drive you nuts! I've fought with keeping the right humidity all summer. With the air on, I have to keep sponges soaked to keep it up. I've found that the battery in the thermometer needs to be changed fairly frequently or it will give false readings.

Tennessee you have suffered enough. LOL
They are black rosecomb bantams,I hope you like them.My hens went on strike,so I bought yours from a lady in tennessee,I thought that might keep you guessing as to who your partner was.
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
My white Silkie babies looked all shades of gray when they hatched.. I kept wondering where in the world they came from. But to my delight they all growing in WHITE feathers....lol I was told...don't know how true... that the darker they are the whiter the adult feathers will be.

How many chicks hatched so far?

Quote:
Oh you're evil, evil, evil!!! And devious!! I love it!!! Thank you so much! I absolutely adore them!!

I was so sure they were Red Cochins because they said RC on them. When they hatched and they were black, I was soooooooooo confused!!! ROFL!!

Good job confusing me! Especially with getting them from someone else!! I love it!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Laurie

Quote:
Well that can't be right
hmm.png
She was supposed to send:
2 Cuckoo Maran
2 Buff Cochin (Standard Size)
2 Ameraucana

cool.png

Last edited:
And for partner #2 here's what was sent to you:

14 eggs total, 4brown leghorn, 4white frizzle, 4 OEGB spangle and brown red, and 2 OEGB barred--all bantams

It might be a buff cochin, but the other one is definately black. The ameraucana eggs didn't develop but there was a blood ring and the other cuckoo didn't develop at all.

They are cute!!

Back
Top Bottom