***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

I have 21 barnevelder eggs in a homemade incubator I made out of a mini fridge. They are on day 5 right now.

Then I have 14 bantam cochins in lockdown due to hatch Saturday! They all are from shipped eggs. I started with 16 of the banty cochins, two with detached air cells didn't make it. I candled before lockdown and had 13 positive with movement and one not sure. Going to candle the barnevelders Saturday. Hope they do as well as the cochins.

Oh forgot to mention they were all shipped overnight, hoping that helps my hatch rate.

I found a clutch of eggs in the wheelbarrow on Tuesday. I didn't know how long they had been there so I decided to throw them in my new diy econobator and see what happens. Nice thing is that the day of the month corresponds with the day of incubation. I'm on day 2 now!

celebrate.gif
We have 14 FBCM eggs in the good old TX7 incubator due to hatch Sept. 6. It is just so exciting!
celebrate.gif

positive that at least one out of the 3 eggs are fertile:D not positive on the other 2 i think one is a maybe and one is a no but I'm not giving up yet mainly because I'm using a crappy light and the are brown eggs

Haha FreckleFace, I remember the auction where you got those eggs! Good luck with them :eek:)

So far, I've thrown out 10 out of 45 eggs. Some clear, some with blood ring. There are 35 left, and they look great so far.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
OKAY - YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT YOUr 7 BANTAM BUFF ORPINTON EGGS FROM!!!!
wee.gif
th.gif

HI i got my bantam buff orpingtons from a lady in ouyen victoria australia. Got some exciting news its only day 19 and i already have 3 bantam buff orpingtons hatch and 1 silkie hatch. Antoher orp egg has piped so it may hatch later on tonight. Heres a picture of the 2 bantam buff orpingtons.
IMGP1169.jpg

Oh yeah hope you get a good hatch Nekhebet, Serama chicks are so adorable-I love these tiny birds-only downside is having to keep them inside and warm all winter since they are a tropical breed, I dont mind though-even my Roo Charlie is pretty quiet and they dont make too much mess. Mrs Fluffy Puffy-my whole hatching thing started with a batch of baby button quail in a homemade bator, I looked in one day and saw these little fluffs flash by and thought No way did I really see that
ep.gif
then I opened the door and they jumped out a took off hiding under everything lol-I spent hours trying to catch them and the cats were waiting outside the door wanting to come in and help me since they could hear them peeping lol, those little tiny things are FAST-well Im sending good hatching vibes to everyone
fl.gif

Last edited:
Day 7 of my 'local mixed breeds' batch of 24. One BCM (sigh) is a tosser, no development seen AND I just noticed the bottom is cracked. Would wax it and leave it in, but there's no sign of development at all so I am just going to toss it. better safe than sorry. One egg is questionable - very porous but I THINK I may see veining. The other 22 have veins and little swimmy dots!
smile.png

Last set of these eggs I had 8 eggs, 7 hatched and one DIS after pipping into aircell, so these were pretty decent eggs last time. Keeping my fingers crossed!

somad.gif
Evil broody decided she was hungry!!!!! -2 eggs........ Everybody that survived the broody is now in the incubator...
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom