***SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG come join in***

ep.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
And then there were..............................11!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
love.gif
Yup, 2 more, and the 12th is zipping as I write!
clap.gif
ya.gif
I ordered 12, she sent 14. I candled on day 11 before leaving on vacation and tossed a clear/infertile. DD locked down on Saturday for me. Hey, 12 of 12 ordered! I call that a MAHHHHVELOUS hatch! If I get the 'bakers dozen' it is GRAVY!!!!
Gotta say, I LOVE
love.gif
my King Suro bator
love.gif

Edited to add: the 12th just hatched!!!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, let's see if I can explain how they're doing. 2 of the five definitely show the BCM part of their heritage, as they're much darker feathered. The other three are fluffier and at the grey/blue/lavender end of the color scale. Two of the latter are DEFINITELY roos.
41679_oliveeggersplusd.jpg

One of the darker ones might be a roo, might not.

I'm not at all good at sexing even "teen-aged" chicks.

There is a BJG and a LB "pullet" chick in the same brooder on the porch with them; I bought those two chicks at the feed store about a week after the five hatched.... because I had to go to the feed store to get more chick starter feed...... and lookee! There were two breeds I wanted right there in the feed store and they'd always been sold out before I got there in the past. So they got added to this group. In about a week all 7 of them are going to HAVE to go out to a grow-out coop in the yard... once I get IT set up for them.
41679_oliveeggersplus.jpg

Last edited:
34695_silkie_babies_9-21-10_011.jpg

Here are the only two I got from 13 shipped eggs.

2 others died early on, and the rest were clear when I candled and opened them.
I am so disappointed I just didn't have the heart to open those two quitters tonight. This is the second time I've purchased shipped eggs and had only 2 out of 12+ hatch. First time in incubator, second time under broodys. I don't know what else to do.

How do you all get such great hatch rates with shipped eggs? I'm so discouraged I don't think I'll ever try it again.

Quote:
hugs.gif
BT,DT,GTTS! NEVER GIVE UP! This is the best hatch I have ever had! 12 of 14, one was clear at day 11, tossed it, and I haven't given up on #13! I even messed up and had the RH at 65% the first 11 days
barnie.gif
he.gif
And yes, these were shipped eggs!

First of all, ASK how the eggs will be packaged, &, if necessary, send a URL to show how you want them packaged. Second, don't give up. I have had total 0 eggs hatch, once with shipped eggs [she sent me replacements for the cost of shiping] and once with eggs I had personally gathered and packed/carried home [12 hour car ride]. Bottom line, there are no guaranties, we do the best we can.
hugs.gif
Of course, having said that...................................Hi, I'm Madcap. I am a Hatchaholic!
lau.gif
gig.gif
hide.gif

You have 2 beautiful babies there!

Quote:
Well, let's see if I can explain how they're doing. 2 of the five definitely show the BCM part of their heritage, as they're much darker feathered. The other three are fluffier and at the grey/blue/lavender end of the color scale. Two of the latter are DEFINITELY roos.

I am so bad at knowing what I am l;ooking at but I do appreciate the pictures. I can't tell though. Do they have the typical EE muggs and beard?

Quote:
they are so cute and don't give up I bought eggs out of 16, 2 hatch I get more eggs and pay for shipping one of the chicks just dies @ day 10 next shipment there is 20 eggs only one hatches......both are roos too so later I get 21 more of the same breed 9 hatch I'm pretty happy as 50% is a great hatch on shipped eggs find out later husband "helped" wife with eggs and 1 is the wrong breed..oh well it's pretty and @7 weeks I still don't know what sex it is though with my luck...♦ Are you wanting a special breed? If so sometimes finding another breeder from a different PO will help. If you want to try again PM me maybe I can help.

Back
Top Bottom