September Hatch-a-long!

:barnie:barniewent to check the chickens this morning and Doris the Slghtly Dim Silkie had one egg not under her and she had managed to wiggle right down to the boards :thI put the eggs across to the deep bit and moved her and I'll put more bedding in the other area to stop it happening if she moves again. Tempted to take out one and put it in the bator, she is a pretty small hen, maybe 9 is just too many as one was out yesterday too.

:barnie:barniewent to check the chickens this morning and Doris the Slghtly Dim Silkie had one egg not under her and she had managed to wiggle right down to the boards :thI put the eggs across to the deep bit and moved her and I'll put more bedding in the other area to stop it happening if she moves again. Tempted to take out one and put it in the bator, she is a pretty small hen, maybe 9 is just too many as one was out yesterday too.

I hope that removing one will work out for you!

My cochins are always not laying or sitting when I'm hatching all my other eggs, so now that they've started laying, I have to hatch some. I put ten eggs in the incubator that will be due on the third, but I'm still collecting to add later in case these ones aren't fertile or they have some complications. Also, who can have too many cochins (as long as I don't end up hatching ten with all being boys like last year)?
I'm going to try to limit myself to cochins since we have no matching standard size chickens and I hatched a dozen d'uccles in the spring, but the d'uccles have such good fertility and they are pretty regular layers...

Those sound like amazing mixes! I can't wait to see them. Is the White Breese/White NN roo the one in your avatar? He's very handsome!!!

Ok, I added 3 more eggs to those one's from the ones I put into my incubator last night. So, I will be starting out with:

8 light tan eggs from my White Breese/White NN mixed adults.
5 blue eggs from my CCLB hens X White Breese/White NN roo.

Those sound like amazing mixes! I can't wait to see them. Is the White Breese/White NN roo the one in your avatar? He's very handsome!!!

Yes, that's him. Charley is the daddy to any chick that hatches in this go around. I also have some non-mixed White Breese, but those 3 pullet's haven't started laying eggs yet and they will have their own roo when they do. If I remember right those girls are supposed to start laying next month.

Back
Top Bottom