September Hatch-a-long!

F99BB869-49BD-4CA2-BB55-73D369B996E0.jpeg Well my green egg pipped at 8pm last night. No progress at 11am. I picked away a small area of shell that it had cracked and peeled the membrane back a small amount- thinking it had dried. There was no blood. Not sure what else to do. I’ve added a small sponge to keep humidity at a good level since the membrane looked a little dry. Thoughts?

It is peeping occasionally and I can see it breathing. I can’t honestly say that I see the beak or a foot at this point! I know it got knocked around pretty good by the other hatched chick.

Edit: it’s the beak I see!

View attachment 1548658 Well my green egg pipped at 8pm last night. No progress at 11am. I picked away a small area of shell that it had cracked and peeled the membrane back a small amount- thinking it had dried. There was no blood. Not sure what else to do. I’ve added a small sponge to keep humidity at a good level since the membrane looked a little dry. Thoughts?

It is peeping occasionally and I can see it breathing. I can’t honestly say that I see the beak or a foot at this point! I know it got knocked around pretty good by the other hatched chick.

:fl What kind of chick is the green egg? I got about five green eggs but I have no idea what kind of chicken they will be if they hatch. They are initial WC CN and P by the lady I bought them from. They are due October 18th:fl

View attachment 1548658 Well my green egg pipped at 8pm last night. No progress at 11am. I picked away a small area of shell that it had cracked and peeled the membrane back a small amount- thinking it had dried. There was no blood. Not sure what else to do. I’ve added a small sponge to keep humidity at a good level since the membrane looked a little dry. Thoughts?

I know people say don’t help them but if I didn’t help mine I wouldn’t have my two babies that hatched a week ago. One died because my daughter didn’t let me help it. I slowly started taking small pieces of shell all around it and I let them push the rest of the shells off

Attachments

• 27C349DC-07A2-48EE-9803-DE5FEB958791.png
    27C349DC-07A2-48EE-9803-DE5FEB958791.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
:fl What kind of chick is the green egg? I got about five green eggs but I have no idea what kind of chicken they will be if they hatch. They are initial WC CN and P by the lady I bought them from. They are due October 18th:fl

I have no idea! It’s a Fun & Funky mix from MPC so it should be really neat. I hope it survives!

I know people say don’t help them but if I didn’t help mine I wouldn’t have my two babies that hatched a week ago. One died because my daughter didn’t let me help it. I slowly started taking small pieces of shell all around it and I let them push the rest of the shells off

Did you hold the egg in a warm washcloth? Trying to decide if I should help or not... I’ve assisted before but had several deformities because of it, so I’m hesitant.

7F2D18B1-8A1D-480C-9FED-E5F12A7A9459.jpeg I’ve helped it a bit more but that’s all I’ll do for awhile. I will try and wait until 8 this evening to see how it has progressed... since that would be about 24 hours since the initial pip.

It keeps opening its beak and sticking it out of the hole but nothing else. I tried to get a pic of the inner membrane. Wondering if maybe that is stuck around it and it can’t rotate around to unzip?

I did lift a bit of shell and saw a teeny dot of blood so it could be that it’s not done absorbing things yet.

View attachment 1548695 I’ve helped it a bit more but that’s all I’ll do for awhile. I will try and wait until 8 this evening to see how it has progressed... since that would be about 24 hours since the initial pip.

It keeps opening its beak and sticking it out of the hole but nothing else. I tried to get a pic of the inner membrane. Wondering if maybe that is stuck around it and it can’t rotate around to unzip?

I did lift a bit of shell and saw a teeny dot of blood so it could be that it’s not done absorbing things yet.
Sounds good. Sorry I’m not such a big help. I only did one hatch before with not very successful outcome. I hope it comes out safely. Keep us posted please. Good luck:pop

72046560-70E8-4A80-A237-27CB56240C5D.jpeg WHEW! That was stressful but it’s OUT! A little blood at the navel but it stopped shortly after. It has 5 toes! And some bits of black on the legs. A little weak but hopefully it will make it!

The shell was really quite thick and I don’t think it could get through.

I don’t know why I keep hatching my own chickens. Makes me a nervous wreck! Lol

View attachment 1548817 WHEW! That was stressful but it’s OUT! A little blood at the navel but it stopped shortly after. It has 5 toes! And some bits of black on the legs. A little weak but hopefully it will make it!

The shell was really quite thick and I don’t think it could get through.

I don’t know why I keep hatching my own chickens. Makes me a nervous wreck! Lol
Yay! Congrats!:love

Back
Top Bottom