SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Hey all! I've been waiting for this hatch-a-long to start! I have 14pekin duck eggs, 22 indian runner eggs, set on the 8th of Aug due to hatch 5th Sept. First time in many years incubating, first time incubating duck eggs, first time incubating shipped eggs and first time using my Janoel8-48 incubator. What can I say I like living on the edge! Last night I did first candling on day 5... I saw beating hearts! All 14 pekins are alive. 2 runners turned to blood rings, 2 completely clear eggs and 4 that look like they may have quit early. Will check the 4 again day 7.

Attachments

• 20190808_131637.jpg
    20190808_131637.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190813_174700.jpg
    20190813_174700.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey all! I've been waiting for this hatch-a-long to start! I have 14pekin duck eggs, 22 indian runner eggs, set on the 8th of Aug due to hatch 5th Sept. First time in many years incubating, first time incubating duck eggs, first time incubating shipped eggs and first time using my Janoel8-48 incubator. What can I say I like living on the edge! Last night I did first candling on day 5... I saw beating hearts! All 14 pekins are alive. 2 runners turned to blood rings, 2 completely clear eggs and 4 that look like they may have quit early. Will check the 4 again day 7.

Wow, sounds like your off to a great start! :pop:caf

Oh yea, I feel ya, I actually just emptied my "chicken budget" on ebay :rolleyes::lau... Im excited to see what comes of your hatch, best of luck! :thumbsup

Yes same here!

I already have way too much, I hatched out a lot of silkies from my flock just last month!

But I still wanted to add some breeds that I don’t already have!

Good luck with your hatch too! I’m very excited!:wee

Yes same here!

I already have way too much, I hatched out a lot of silkies from my flock just last month!

But I still wanted to add some breeds that I don’t already have!

Good luck with your hatch too! I’m very excited!:wee

I wish someone had some showgirl silkie hatching egg's that I could get a hold of to go with my regular silkies.

Back
Top Bottom