SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Ive been following your posts in @Trimurtisan
O Shamo babies!
20190816_080253.jpg
20190816_080244.jpg

Thre next batch of eggs should be here today also!

AAAW, how cute, cant wait to see what they look like when they grow up! Are u gonna join us over here in the September HAL with these new eggs you've got comin? And also, I don't think you ever said what breeds they are.
I don't see why not! I followed it this morning, and I do love showing off some fluffy butts!
:jumpy

The next batch of eggs are Tomaru and more O Shamo. :yesss:

That's right, now I remember hearing that you got that deal from the o shamo breeder, how many did u get?
Tomaru is 8+
O Shamo is 4+
I couldn't afford a whole batch of the O Shamo, but if even only one hatches from the ~4 hatch I'll be happy.

Surprisingly my wife has no problem with me getting some long crowers... :D

Tomaru is 8+
O Shamo is 4+
I couldn't afford a whole batch of the O Shamo, but if even only one hatches from the ~4 hatch I'll be happy.

Surprisingly my wife has no problem with me getting some long crowers... :D

Yeah, sounds fun! Cant wait to hear them tomarus go off when they grow up lol.

What do you think of red rangers? I've never tried them, but have been intrigued about what I've read about them. From what I read, they sound like a nice compromise between commercial Cornish-Rock crosses and heavy heritage breeds. I understand that they too are hybrids, but because they have a more natural white to dark meat ratio and don't grow as fast, they act more like chickens, you can keep the hens for laying birds (whereas commercial Cornish-rock hens seldom live long enough to lay eggs), and they can mate naturally (even though they won't breed true because they are hybrids). The only criticism I've read about red rangers is that they don't always grow as uniformly as Cornish-rocks, even if you start with chicks all the same age. I've raised plenty of heavy heritage breeds like Brahmas, Orpingtons, Plymouth Rocks, RIRs, etc. and frankly I don't think they are worth raising for meat; most of the weight is bone, especially the breast. I love chickens, but if meat is your main goal, I think you are better off raising ducks than chickens. They have a much better meat-to-bone ratio and are sustainable (i.e., you can raise your own without having to buy chicks each year).

Back
Top Bottom