SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

6 more pipped...but here is my first success!!

Attachments

• 1B8F9A53-2674-4E14-A451-47E219DE8047.jpeg
    1B8F9A53-2674-4E14-A451-47E219DE8047.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 3
  • C3FF6333-527C-4A31-BB7D-12ACD8803E32.jpeg
    C3FF6333-527C-4A31-BB7D-12ACD8803E32.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 3
  • E6A6663E-71D6-4085-B9A2-BD2B1D3BE4C3.jpeg
    E6A6663E-71D6-4085-B9A2-BD2B1D3BE4C3.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 3
I finished my last september hatch with 13 chooks, it was a pretty bad hatch, i had started with like 40 some eggs, and locked down 30 some, but oh well, cant change it. I am goin again tho, i posted in the oct hatch a long i got some cochin, serama, and CCLB eggs cookin now! Hatch day will be the 24th.

I finished my last september hatch with 13 chooks, it was a pretty bad hatch, i had started with like 40 some eggs, and locked down 30 some, but oh well, cant change it. I am goin again tho, i posted in the oct hatch a long i got some cochin, serama, and CCLB eggs cookin now! Hatch day will be the 24th.
Yay! I think I'll wait til this new puppy is potty trained and no more funerals before I go again after this lol. I started with 30 (2 ducks), locked down 24 (1 duck) and no clue what luck I will have but NOW I'm getting less nervous lol

6/15 of my gals have hatched so far. Its day 22 and i have another chick that has pipped, hopefully i get some late hatches to increase my hatch rate lol
View attachment 1925252

I feel ya
Yay! I think I'll wait til this new puppy is potty trained and no more funerals before I go again after this lol. I started with 30 (2 ducks), locked down 24 (1 duck) and no clue what luck I will have but NOW I'm getting less nervous lol

ahahaha, thats funny, this might be offensive to ask, but you do know that ducks take 28 days to hatch, and chickens 21, right?

I feel ya

ahahaha, thats funny, this might be offensive to ask, but you do know that ducks take 28 days to hatch, and chickens 21, right?
Not offended:)
I didn't at first lol. But then I learned and since chickie lockdown I have been turning ducky butt. Hopefully he is still good to go. More live and learn:rolleyes:
He has another 7 days. Ugh. But at least all my get-in-and-get-out turning hasn't seemed to affect the chickies...

this darn first chick is SOOO chatty! And if I say anything near the bator when it is quiet, it about tries to climb up the side like it's gonna open the bator and come see me:lau

Well, you do risk shrink wrapping those chicks that are pipped if you open the bator, so heres what i recomend. Just dont turn it anymore, and when more of those chicks pop out, they will start playin football with those eggs, so that will count as your turning, but since you have already opened the bator, just keep a very close eye on the ones that are pipped and make sure they dont shrink wrap.

Well, you do risk shrink wrapping those chicks that are pipped if you open the bator, so heres what i recomend. Just dont turn it anymore, and when more of those chicks pop out, they will start playin football with those eggs, so that will count as your turning, but since you have already opened the bator, just keep a very close eye on the ones that are pipped and make sure they dont shrink wrap.
Good to know someone who knows suggests what I was hoping! Last duck turn was last night. Saw first pip at 2am today. Decided no more turning and good luck duck! Lol. Also with one of the duck turns since chick lockdown I speedy added very warm water to a dish already inside since the humidity would NOT get above 58 and I was concerned with that along with my opening even for just 15 seconds 4x a day. Lucky me, that dish got me to 64 and it stayed! Sooo glad you confirmed my "plan" for now that we are pippung away.

is it customary that humidity raised when a chick hatches? I assume just because the wet chick adds to it? Noisy chick here made humidity hit 68 nicely :) now it's at 66 with the chick fluffing out.

Yes, the chicks hatching does increase humidity, and btw, at this stage in its life (its not recommended) but that duck egg is so developed that it could actually go without turning... Im not saying do that, rather just informing you that the embryos are a lot tougher at the age your duckling is at. I hope that isnt confusing

Back
Top Bottom