SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
At 10 days, seeing this has to mean this is a dud. Right?
Egg 2b.JPG

Well, excellent. You have a couple of options. This may be the easiest.

Set your phone to the timer option, at the top of the camera screen is a clock. click that and hit 10 seconds.

The means when you hit the shutter button, it is going to count down from 10 and take a burst of photos.

Next, you need a tripod. You'll put the phone in this, and then youve got ten seconds to get the candling right for the photos. It may take a little practice to find out how to use your hands, and if you're at all nervous I would practice with an egg not in the incubator first. :)

Here's the cheapest, easiest DIY tripod that I make for candling photos.

View attachment 1882761
this was so helpful!!!!! I have been photographing the eggs and have put a couple on here and know one is alive! Yay! thanks for the help!!!

Hello! It’s good to see so many familiar faces back for September!

I was supposed to be done hatching until Spring, but I am allowed another hatch or two as long as all the chicks are out of the garage brooders by Dec 1, no matter what. :old Whatever. Sure, that’s my story, I’ll have them out. LOL.

Over the weekend I put 12 Silkie eggs, and 10 Serama eggs, into the incubator. The Silkie eggs had great air cells, so I’m hopeful. The Serama eggs were a mess when I got them. Many smashed, or maybe they imploded. They seemed packed well enough, and it doesn’t look like they could have been smooshed during shipping.

I might try to get paint and blue cream Silkie eggs, or maybe I’ll just wait until spring. Anyway, fingers crossed for better hatches this month!

Hello! It’s good to see so many familiar faces back for September!

I was supposed to be done hatching until Spring, but I am allowed another hatch or two as long as all the chicks are out of the garage brooders by Dec 1, no matter what. :old Whatever. Sure, that’s my story, I’ll have them out. LOL.

Over the weekend I put 12 Silkie eggs, and 10 Serama eggs, into the incubator. The Silkie eggs had great air cells, so I’m hopeful. The Serama eggs were a mess when I got them. Many smashed, or maybe they imploded. They seemed packed well enough, and it doesn’t look like they could have been smooshed during shipping.

I might try to get paint and blue cream Silkie eggs, or maybe I’ll just wait until spring. Anyway, fingers crossed for better hatches this month!
Good luck! Hope you have a great yield of chicks!

this was so helpful!!!!! I have been photographing the eggs and have put a couple on here and know one is alive! Yay! thanks for the help!!!
:wee:wee:wee

Woohoo! So glad you have at least one viable egg, and that you're getting reassurance online. Soon you'll have a lot of experience under your belt. So happy I could help.

I may have 3 September hatches, when I locked up a coop tonight one of my Red Hens was sitting on one egg that was laid after afternoon collection. If she is till sitting in the nesting box tomorrow night I am going to see if she will move to broody Box coop. I am not sure if she is a NH red, Production Red or RI Red... I got a bunch of these. Might as well say I do not have a RI Red (large fowl) because none of them have that deep dark red. Best to just say I have Hatchery Reds because none of them fully look like one breed over another. Should I slip in my 10 extra eggs sitting off the side of my egg turner?

Back
Top Bottom