SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
Welp, just fired up my incubator with 30 eggs, a bunch of mutts from my own flock, and only 6 shipped birchen cochin eggs. A bunch of EEs, some mystery mutts that definitely have a splash ameuracana rooster as the dad. I also have some that i am excited to hatch, they are BLRWxa mixed wyandotte rooster, and 2 silver duckwings.

So I just went and checked on my mutt eggs that i gave an extra chance to, they were supposed to hatch last saturday, but i just had a feeling bc they developed so well, and one of the 2 is pipped!!!!
could be cool spots in the incubator or that the temp reading was off for come reason, I double check before each start up with 1 in each corner and the middle as it can change from hatch to hatch as it's got mechanical parts unlike broody hens

22 quail eggs in lockdown

20190903_220910.jpg

hmm, you gonna throw some of them things in an incubator?
That's why the cabinet bator is almost full again.... every egg from that pen is being held for setting, first big batch coming up the 14th And another the 20th, I plan to set one more batch this weekend.
Just set lockdown for this weekend, 4 chicken eggs and 3 turkey.

Finally looked back for my lockdown pics from the last batch.... I had lost track of how many marans I had hatched, went into lockdown with 9 eggs and only had one not hatch, so I should have 8 running around in the brooder. Oh I hatched a few others at the same time but lost trac of those also....sigh I need to quit hatching for a while. Just 4 more batches. Right?

Back
Top Bottom