SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
I have 3 pips this morning, out of 18 eggs. Today is day 20 counting from 0, so isn't that a bit early? Oh and how long before they get out? I don't have much space in the incubator and the eggs are kind of squashed.. I am thinking.. I need to get the hatched chicks as soon as they are dry, otherwise they may turn the other not-yet-hatched eggs..

An update after 2 hours.. The chicks in the 3 pipped eggs stopped pipping and no zip yet. Do you think they have drowned? 70% humidity..

Last edited:
No action yet. BF told me the Serama is dis. Apparently he candled it before lockdown. He
also figured out the GQF 1502 is running 1—2 degrees cooler than the temp it is set at. That means I need to set it at 102-103, which I haven’t been doing. No wonder the rare breed hatch was pullet heavy!

We will see if anything happens with the silkie eggs. Today is day 20.

I have 3 pips this morning, out of 18 eggs. Today is day 20 counting from 0, so isn't that a bit early? Oh and how long before they get out? I don't have much space in the incubator and the eggs are kind of squashed.. I am thinking.. I need to get the hatched chicks as soon as they are dry, otherwise they may turn the other not-yet-hatched eggs..

An update after 2 hours.. The chicks in the 3 pipped eggs stopped pipping and no zip yet. Do you think they have drowned? 70% humidity..

The eggs that are pipped the chicks are just resting after pip it could take 12 to 24 hours before they start to zip sometimes longer once they start to zip they usually finish pretty quickly

The eggs that are pipped the chicks are just resting after pip it could take 12 to 24 hours before they start to zip sometimes longer once they start to zip they usually finish pretty quickly
Ah that's good to know, thank you. This is my first chicken hatch. With quail they pip, zip and in 2 hours voila! At least my experience. Now, I have candled the eggs at lockdown and all were moving inside the eggs. Do you think they'll make it? How long should I wait before helping them?

Ah that's good to know, thank you. This is my first chicken hatch. With quail they pip, zip and in 2 hours voila! At least my experience. Now, I have candled the eggs at lockdown and all were moving inside the eggs. Do you think they'll make it? How long should I wait before helping them?

There are always ones that make it to lockdown that dont end up hatching. And I would wait for atleast 24 hrs bfr you go in and try to help them out.

Back
Top Bottom