SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
Good morning! No new action here, which is a little frustrating. Although, to be fair, today is just day 21. Some of the pips are going on over 24 hrs. Amazingly, I haven’t opened the incubator at all, not for lack of temptation. :gig Going to give them a few hrs before going in to investigate. The bottom pippers still have me worried.
I typically rotate my bottom pippers when I have them I don’t like the idea of them trying to zip against the floor.... but I have seen chicks go all the way to 36 hours before zipping

I typically rotate my bottom pippers when I have them I don’t like the idea of them trying to zip against the floor.... but I have seen chicks go all the way to 36 hours before zipping
That means you open the incubator after they have pipped? I did it yesterday and I shrink wrapped several...

So sorry about the shrink wraps! Were you able to help them out or are they dead in the shell?
The shrink wrapped were already dead... The rest of the eggs didn't pip at all, they are still in the incubator. It was clearly my fault as again, this was my first chicken hatch. I usually get 80% hatch rate with quails...

I’m hesitating opening because unlike smaller incubators, the GQF cabinet drops 30% if you so much as crack the door. It’s slow to come back up, too, even if I ad wet sponges or bowls of water. I’m going to use the Brinsea 28 next hatch, and take this one apart. I’ll send the bits and pieces in for service. I’m hoping to actually like this incubator at some point.:barnie

Well, I started this Hatchalong with BLRWs and Seramas, and a few mutts of mine, and I had what other people would call a bad hatch, I set 16 eggs and got 3 chicks, one mutt, BUT TWO BLRWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:wee:clap:ya:celebrate. The blue laced are the breed that I want the most! And I got two, I already have 3 full grown hens and an almost full-grown rooster. And now I have 2 more to add to the mix, mind you that these were shipped eggs, except for the mutts. But I am so glad that I got some BL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom