SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
Im just overloaded with good news!
Talked to a gal who has silky eggs! I might have volunteered myself to hatch some... only a few right? Oh and the best part is they are not for me but for another lady.

Yea, just a few ;), and boyoboy, i wish i had someone that would let me do that, no one wants me to hatch anything for em :idunno it stinks, but best of luck on that hatch!

just checked on the broody and all eggs must have hatched, but I still haven't got a glimpse of the chicks - she's flattened out on the coop floor in front of the nest box swearing at me and anyone else who comes close, and just half a shell remains in the box. So hopefully we'll see 6 chicks soon :celebrate

Cant wait to see em followin momma everywhere!

One egg has pipped! :woot

Thats so exciting, how many eggs are in there? I forgot :gig

Im just overloaded with good news!

Yea, just a few ;), and boyoboy, i wish i had someone that would let me do that, no one wants me to hatch anything for em :idunno it stinks, but best of luck on that hatch!

Cant wait to see em followin momma everywhere!

Thats so exciting, how many eggs are in there? I forgot :gig

There was 10 Silkies and 2 Quail eggs!

After the first candling I had to throw 2 out that developed a blood ring, quite possibly due to my rough handling of them since they were the last two to be laid before incubating them. I also had to remove one Quail egg that kept getting stuck and not turning right.

So all together, there is 8 silkies and 1 Quail now! :celebrate

I also have a broody on 8 Silkie eggs but they are not due to hatch until next week I think.

Wow, are these show quality or pet quality silkies? I wish you were in the us, i would order some eggs off ya...

They're from my show quality flock. Of course, there is still chicks that hatch which don't meet the standards but the majority turn out really nice quality.

My whites and partridges are the best quality where as I'm going to breed my blues and golds to my white rooster to give me some mixed varietys as pets.

I wish I had more space to keep more of my chicks I hatch :lau I'm very limited on coop space though.

My bearded whites tend to be in high demand lately. I do sell hatching eggs and chicks on Preloved but unfortunately I don't think eggs would make it to the US in one piece! It would be a miracle if they did.

I've decided to keep these two from my last hatch!

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

@Fur-N-Fowl where are you? Now, you have one quail egg? Is it Coturnix? Will it hatch with the chicken, the same day?
@aliciaplus3 Hatching for someone else is good, as you don't have to clean after baby chicks, but what if the eggs don't hatch? Will these be your own eggs or theirs?

I'm in the UK :)

Yep, one Quail egg! They're English White Coturnix. It's just started pipping now and I think it'll hatch before the Silkies. I set them 3 days after the Silkie eggs so that they'd hatch the same day.

My main incubation was for the Silkie eggs I just added in the Quail ones as a 'bonus' :D

Back
Top Bottom