SEPTEMBER HATCH-A-LONG!!!

Pics
thanks. I too avoid prophylactic medication; there's a big push to do so here - especially with farm animals - because of growing antibiotic resistance. As long as I get one pullet from this clutch I'll be happy, as all I really wanted was a white egg layer and to help a rare breed!

My incubator is a Little Giant styrofoam one also. It's been good to me so far. I'm not going to be hatching any egg's for Sept. I'll be taking a break, and watching what my Aug. hatch grow-out's turn out to be.
I have two broody sitting on a total of 17 eggs. One is due some time this week and the other some time next week. I left for a week vacation and the girl in charge of collecting the eggs was scared of the little rooster, when I came back they were about 5-6 days into the incubation and I couldn’t just take them from them

O MY GOODNESS, i cant believe i havent told yall this, i have two brrodys, 1 silver duckwing OEGB, and a serama, theyre both on probably oh, 5-7 eggs, and the hatch day, i forgot, im out of town rn, so ill have to check that out when i get back. But i also have mutts hatching this week!
Mine are 10 mutts. Dutch silver Sebright mix. I can’t wait to see what I’m going to get

I have a few chicks that hatched overnight, but I have a white chick (possible red because its hard to see in there) that I should not have. Only my Naked Necks should be coming out Red or White and this chick is not a naked neck..,. Wrong Rooster getting into a pen? Mislabled Egg? Mutation? who knows! I would bet on mislabeled egg because I tend to be very disorganized. Now I need to worry about the hatching eggs I sold last Saturday at Carolina Chicken Stock.

Mine are 10 mutts. Dutch silver Sebright mix. I can’t wait to see what I’m going to get

Me too!
I have a few chicks that hatched overnight, but I have a white chick (possible red because its hard to see in there) that I should not have. Only my Naked Necks should be coming out Red or White and this chick is not a naked neck..,. Wrong Rooster getting into a pen? Mislabled Egg? Mutation? who knows! I would bet on mislabeled egg because I tend to be very disorganized. Now I need to worry about the hatching eggs I sold last Saturday at Carolina Chicken Stock.
Huh, that is strange.

IMG_2882.JPG

I can't tell if he is red or white just yet because the lighting is crappy. I can't tell what egg he came from either. But any White or Red birds should be naked necks. Its possible that 25% are Bowtie Naked Necks and maybe he is just keeping his naked neck hidden. Modest little fellow!
IMG_2883.JPG

This guy has his face blocked out because he is mooning us! actually there is a smudge of something on the viewing glass. Its either a Dominique or an Ayam cemani that needs to be culled. It would be the worst Ayam cemani I ever hatched if it is. I thought the white dot was supposed to be in the head and not the butt if it's a dominique. If I named my chickens I would name this one Butthead. Its still early, in 24 hours this place is going to be crowded. 45 eggs in a 42 capacity Incubator.

Back
Top Bottom