SERAMA ADVICE!!!!~~~NEW PIC's PAGE 10 l@@K!!!

Congrats! (Please!) Post pics of the chicks when they are older. PPP has great looking birds, but has been using the same pictures for...years? I want to see what these produce! Thanks!

Edited: Forgot to say Please! Ooops!

Last edited:
PP....you are an addict....
gig.gif

Quote:
Ha Ha I am determined out of all these dang lil varmits I've hatched to get at least one awesome looking pair..LOL, My first hatch is goin to need some breast implants and their spine shortened before that happens with them..LOL

Dont give up on all your first hatch. Just because they are not outstanding physically, they might have some super genes. Also, when you hatch out a new batch from a new breeder, you may need a few of these around for an outcross, especally if you get only a few to hatch. For example, if you dont want to keep buying eggs, and you get one pair, and they have babies, you dont want to keep breeding them back to their babies.

Quote:
Actually several of her pics are new.

I have some of her birds that are 3 months old now. I don't have any recent pics, but I will try to take some this weekend. They are not as nice as yours, Jessi. They have good tail carriage, and their wings are getting better, but not yet vertical. They do not have the "extremely short" backs that the standard calls for. Size-wise, they are at about 300 grams, so I'm guessing that they will end up as "B's".

Last edited:
I apologize! They look the same to me...... Maybe because its in the same pen with the greenery behind it from the pics that I see. I really like her birds and she seems to do good business. I have thought about buying some myself to see what I would get...(Maybe a new color?!) Her hens in the pictures are very nice!

Three months is pretty young still!
Some here are born with extreme type and some fill out after a year and develop more than you would think. (Im not talking about hackles covering a long back..)
For example--I always wanted to cull Sammy (the roo in my Breed of the Month link) He was always "chunky" and not really refined until past breeding age. I really like him now and he produced some great chicks this year.

Also some that dont look like the best now, may carry the great genes that you need later..so its great to keep what you have and breed and see what you get the next year...Just keep lots of records. Im constantly surprised with what my breeders produce at given times! All the time in keeping records pays!
Last year I learned "Give 'em time"
This year I learned "SQ + SQ doesnt alway equal the best chicks, give some other breeders a chance with some nice partners"

Would love to see your pics! Any unusual colors?

Quote:
4 out of 8 eggs hatched, and 3 of them are boys. After I take pics I'll post a "which roo should I keep" topic, don't want to hijack this one too much! I have a black one with long silver hackles that I like but another one is smaller. I try to post this weekend.

Quote:
4 out of 8 eggs hatched, and 3 of them are boys. After I take pics I'll post a "which roo should I keep" topic, don't want to hijack this one too much! I have a black one with long silver hackles that I like but another one is smaller. I try to post this weekend.

You can post here if you like, I want mind at all. I'd love to see your birds anyhows

Back
Top Bottom