Serama Hatch-Along Thread!

Pics
200.gif

Pride, Envy, and Sloth!

So the purebred eggs were shipped and are expected by Monday. They are coming from Pennsylvania.

The Serama eggs (once shipped) will be coming from Oklahoma.

I tried to keep it close by but no one had any in my price range for 6. All the ones that were up at the time were 12 eggs. I didn't need that many lmao.
Need? Who said anything about need?

Btw. I am about to have a super staggered hatch. Everyone should be good though yeah?

- 2 week old chicks in the brooder
- Serama eggs at day......9? (I have to go check to be double sure)
- 6+ Purebred variety eggs (will probably set those on Wednesday morning after 48 hours pointy side down)
- 6+ Serama eggs due by Friday (will set 48hrs after arrival)

How many due dates do I got? 🤣

Oh! And here are pics of Pride, Sloth, and Envy.

Though Envy has me worried. I didn't see her in there but she might be in the middle. She is on the watch list.

In order of pics: Pride, Sloth, and Envy

Attachments

• 20240328_215711.jpg
    20240328_215711.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240328_215546.jpg
    20240328_215546.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240328_215922.jpg
    20240328_215922.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 3
Btw. Since the power got knocked twice, and they were behind in development by like a day, should they still go into lockdown at their original time?
They can still go into lockdown on the same day, even if they may be a little late due to the outages. An extra day won’t hurt them. 😊 Besides, what if the power outages actually had little effect on their development? Anyhow Elfin, I’m just making suggestions based on my experience with Seramas. I usually let my girls incubate their own eggs (they’re terrific at it), but I’ve also used the incubator a lot and know that an extra lockdown day won’t hurt them. Pride, Sloth, and Envy are going to be fine. 🥰

Good night teeny ones! ❤️

They can still go into lockdown on the same day, even if they may be a little late due to the outages. An extra day won’t hurt them. 😊 Besides, what if the power outages actually had little effect on their development? Anyhow Elfin, I’m just making suggestions based on my experience with Seramas. I usually let my girls incubate their own eggs (they’re terrific at it), but I’ve also used the incubator a lot and know that an extra lockdown day won’t hurt them. Pride, Sloth, and Envy are going to be fine. 🥰

Good night teeny ones! ❤️
❤️ Good. Bc if we go by original set schedule, we are on day 9. Will be day 10 tomorrow evening (technically)

Back
Top Bottom