served in army for three yrs but doesn't qualify....

what was i thinking

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
cny ny
my husband was in the army, active duty for three yrs in LA. but it doesn't count!
our taxes on our home are crazy... almost $7000 a yr.... so i called to see how to get the service member discount.
they say there was no active war taking place so he doesn't qualify. they are saying he didn't have a chance of being killed and didn't service during war time. i think that is crazy.
1) when in the service you are supposed to be ready to fight at all times.
2) what about the dmz.... that has been going on forever

does anyone know where i can get statisics of our soilders killed or injured during 1980-1983?
i think anyone who served, would be offended, by being told that being active isn't good enough. not only for this but in general. you didn't go to war, so the heck with you.

Last edited:
good luck with that

your right it dont matter, just about all my family (except the ladie) have served.
me, bros in the navy, uncle who left for vietnam, as a religous man, came back with alot of hate (cant blame him) grandparents
served also etc .
wouldnt trade it for the world, but the government could do better. immigrants get $100,000.00 grant when they arrive in the country, where mine, my uncles, grandparents etc, etc,

okay..that REALLY makes me SICK!!....ooh...i could go on such a rant about how our country REALLY treats our soilders AND their families!..i am very proud to be an American....not proud of its leaders right now though!....something has to change..somewhere...really!
somad.gif

yea its sickning, change will not come unless we bring it, it is more of a sense of pride one has to serve not his country but to serve and protect the people who appreciate it.

There are lots and lots of members of society that volunteer or serve in other areas, and they never get any kind of break. Look at the fire-fighters, the EMT's and rescue folk, police etc.

Police are put in harms way on a daily basis, I don't think they get anything other than a paycheck like the rest of us.

oh, no doubt all public servants sould be the first to dip in the cookie jar, so to say, or at least get there thanks when its do

Back
Top Bottom