Set Eggs 07-02-11 Anyone else

We candled last night and the 2 eggs we thought were dead we tossed. I cracked them open first. One never developed. The other was still alive, but there was no membrane between it and the egg shell, so it was stuck to the shell. So I was sad we killed the baby, but I think it would not have made it anyway. It was literally attached to the eggshell and could not move in the egg, which is why we thought it was dead. All my others are developing fine.

We set 13 Miller Fluere' D'Uccle eggs on the 2nd under our Light Brahma...so far she is till sitting on 13.

I find it amusing you guys all candle as much as you do. I haven't ever looked at any of them I think my wife may have candled our last batch in May one time.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am a curious person. If I could have had an ultrasound machine attached through my entire pregnancy, I would have. I try to candle once a week. It helps me figure out if I am doing everything correctly. I have candled 3 times. I plan on candling on Saturday night, and then the night before lock down.

I candled and had a few clears and a few blood rings. Some of the eggs had been refrigerated...but I don't know for how long. I thouht one was a blood ring, but when i cracked it open it had a chick in it... I felt aweful!

Hmmm i think i got the date wrong. eggs don't look that far along, thats what i get for being tired
smile.png

Last edited:
We candled yesterday because we had a few power outages. Everything looks fine! My 6 year old brother is going to come over tomorrow so he can see the chicks moving inside. Mom thinks it will be a great science lesson!!

How is everyone's eggs doing? I am so looking forward to them hatching! My Little brother is considering staying the night with me to see if they hatch... I have officially lost my mind!!!
woot.gif
and
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom