Set Eggs August 25, anyone else?

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I set eggs this evening, anyone else?

I also have a few in a hovabator that wouldn't fit in here.
smile.png

34304_dsc_0923.jpg

I set 4 in my Brinsea Mini....... Does the 24th count? Red Sexlink pullet eggs.

I had 10 set on 8/7 that should be hatching this weekend, unfortunately we are down to 3 after candling
sad.png
I'm pretty sure I've lost those three too....

Sure it counts! What are you hatching?

I have 4 BCMarans, a bunch of Olive Eggers, 2 Jersey Giants, a few Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, and BBS Orps.

I have some bantam cochin eggs for this weekend. They were shipped to me, I think they were scrambled when I got them because the air cell moved in most of them. Then my old incubator had a temp spike. So, we have one egg that looked good, saw movement but then nothing and three eggs which have funky air cells. All of them are dark and I can see the air cell when I light carefully through the top. I'm not turning them anymore hoping that helps.

I did perform an eggtopsy on one that I pitched, it had a tiny fetus with big eyes, thought maybe it died in the first 5 days. I'll probably keep these in the incubator till they are on day 25. If any of those hatch I'll consider it a miracle.

I added 4 red sex link eggs yesterday. Not sure of their fertility, hoping to hatch something!

Last edited:
I set eggs today too! My first time incubating!!!
woot.gif
I am using a homemade incubator that my hubby built for me.

I set 10 silkie eggs that I bought from Bad Azz Silkies of Delaware, and two eggs from my own little flock - the mom is a RIR/GLW cross named Paprika and the dad is Liberace, a white silkie mix. So if those two eggs hatch I will have paparazzis
lau.gif
. Paprika will have been laying for a month on Friday so hopefully her eggs are okay. They have been very consistent with size, shape, and shell quality . . .
fl.gif

I hope we all have good hatches!!

Melissa

Melissa,

Welcome to your new addiction. I started hatching in Spring. I did 3 hatches over the summer and then put the bator away. Well that lasted 2 months and now here I am hatching again!

So what's the draw to Silkies? I have a lot of breeds but i've never had silkies. They remind me of Fraggles!

Good Luck!

23rd late at night soo more around 24 want to be hatching buddies? what breed is that dark brown egg in the middle of the 3 light brown ones?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom